Le Pan II - apps. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I found a great simple app that works on android 3.0 or higher. "Volume in Notification". All it does is put a volume icon in the notification bar. Touch it and up pops a small volume control widget. no more fumbling for the hard buttons.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.njsoftware.volumechanger

Anybody else have anything worth recommending or warnings about bad apps?

Last edited:

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012
I downloaded a couple of useful apps for my LePan II. One is called Battery Solo, which is a homescreen widget that lets you know how much battery life you have left. Another is called Multicon, which allows you to place 4 icons in the space that 1 icon normally takes up.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
You're welcome spaceboy. Volume in Notification is a great app. You would think it would be part of the original operating system. A couple other must haves that have been mentioned in other threads are:
Dropbox - an easy way to move files, music, photos, apps, etc between your computer, phone and Tablet.
Bluekeyboard JP - (if you can get it) This will allow a bluetooth keyboard to work. I was able to update my LP II to the new firmware v116 and this app is available and works. My wife has an LP II that didn't get updated and it is not available for hers.
Speed Test - Tests your upload and download speeds. It is a great way to know, Is it the Le Pan, or is it my connection?
Astro File manager - Allows you to back up your apps before you do an update.

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Bad- Tablet Wallpapers - Force closes on start up of my le Pan everytime I re start.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I use EQ and it does make a big difference in the speaker volume. Good call Spaceboy!

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
I tried Scrabble Free. It freaked out and wouldn't load properly.
Same with Androwater Lines.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Bluekeyboard JP - (if you can get it) This will allow a bluetooth keyboard to work. I was able to update my LP II to the new firmware v116 and this app is available and works. My wife has an LP II that didn't get updated and it is not available for hers.

Since you have it installed on yours, use Astro to find the .apk and copy it to the SD card. Insert the SD card into your wife's Le Pan, copy over and install :)

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I thought of that but in the application list it says "Private". and there does not seem to be any way to copy it as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
BAD - atilt 3d labyrinth from amazon. My wife installed this one and it totally screwed up her touch screen sensitivity. couldn,t swipe couldn't type. total bummer. uninstalled it and everything is good again.

KEHT

Jan 18, 2012
Since you have it installed on yours, use Astro to find the .apk and copy it to the SD card. Insert the SD card into your wife's Le Pan, copy over and install :)

May be even post it here or something because I can't seem to find the .apk anywhere nowadays. :( Would probably resort to installing it on my smartphone and fishing it out of there. :confused:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
The problem with backing up the APK or copying it is When I open back up on Astro File manager and scroll down the list there is a check box next to every app so you can select it to back it up. With BlueKeyboard there is no check box and instead it says "Private". I don't know what this means exactly.

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012
GOOD: An app called Skifta. I downloaded it to my desktop and my Le Pan II. I opened Skifta on my desktop and set it up to point to folders on my external hard drive, one for video, one for music, and one for photos. As long as my desktop is connected to the internet I can access all of the files on my Le Pan wherever I have a wifi connection.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
GOOD: An app called Skifta. I downloaded it to my desktop and my Le Pan II. I opened Skifta on my desktop and set it up to point to folders on my external hard drive, one for video, one for music, and one for photos. As long as my desktop is connected to the internet I can access all of the files on my Le Pan wherever I have a wifi connection.
i installed this one yesterday. looks like a great app.