Le Pan II at Amazon

yoandme

Dec 28, 2011
I ordered my Le Pan ll on 12/26 and after an original delivery estimate of 1/25 to 2/1 I recieved notice today that it in transit from Sparks, NV with a delivery date of Tue 1/10. Was billed the original pre-order price of $262.

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
I ordered my Le Pan ll on 12/26 and after an original delivery estimate of 1/25 to 2/1 I recieved notice today that it in transit from Sparks, NV with a delivery date of Tue 1/10. Was billed the original pre-order price of $262.

Welcome to the forum yoandme....Please share your thoughts on your new tablet when you get it. There are a lot of us waiting to hear about the performance of the Le Pan II.

LePanIIforme

Dec 16, 2011
I should get my Le Pan II today, just read that Le Pan introduced the Le Pan III at CES today with:

Le Pan III - Flagship: Exclusive Sneak Peek at CES 2012

- Powered by Android(tm) 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- TI OMAP 4460, 1.5 GHz Dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM / 8GB Storage (expandable to 32GB with MicroSD)
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n); Bluetooth (4.0); GPS module
- 5MP Camera (Rear) + 2MP Camera (Front)
- Support 1080P output/USB OTG/Ethernet through adapters
- Dimensions: 236 x 189 x 12.4 mm (9.29 x 7.44 x 0.48 in)

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Just got confirmation that my Le Pan II will be delivered tomorrow the 10th.

What does everybody want to know?

yoandme

Dec 28, 2011
Welcome to the forum yoandme....Please share your thoughts on your new tablet when you get it. There are a lot of us waiting to hear about the performance of the Le Pan II.

Got it about two hours ago (one day early) and after a quick look it is on the charger. Right off the bat it looks fast and easy to navigate. I will be playing tonight and let everyone know my impressions.

LePanIIforme

Dec 16, 2011
I got it last night and it is impressive. Came with everything as described: Android 3.2.1, 8GB, 1.2Ghz and came with a 40% charge. Documentation is limited to a quick reference card to set up the WIFI. Screen is sharp and responsive but a little more sluggish then my IPad 2. I got this for my wife who just does email, Facebook, and surfs the net. Easily set up WIFI in a minute and a gmail account right on the Le Pan along with her other email accounts. With access to the entire Android Market, I downloaded a few apps with no problems. YouTube App works perfectly but the sound is a little tinny. Android 3.2 was very stable and had no problems arranging icons or moving between apps. Flash sites run smoothly in the web browser. A good buy for the $262 I payed, especially since it can be upgraded to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011
I got it last night and it is impressive. Came with everything as described: Android 3.2.1, 8GB, 1.2Ghz and came with a 40% charge. Documentation is limited to a quick reference card to set up the WIFI. Screen is sharp and responsive but a little more sluggish then my IPad 2. I got this for my wife who just does email, Facebook, and surfs the net. Easily set up WIFI in a minute and a gmail account right on the Le Pan along with her other email accounts. With access to the entire Android Market, I downloaded a few apps with no problems. YouTube App works perfectly but the sound is a little tinny. Android 3.2 was very stable and had no problems arranging icons or moving between apps. Flash sites run smoothly in the web browser. A good buy for the $262 I payed, especially since it can be upgraded to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

So pretty much just like the Le Pan, just quicker?

mrmisty

Dec 15, 2011
So pretty much just like the Le Pan, just quicker?

I received the II last night and had a chance to use it for a little while. My brief usage with the device pretty much jibes with what LePanIIforme posted earlier. And yes, so far, it seems like the Le Pan I (which I tested out for a while last month) just quicker.

The only issue I had with it thus far was that I was unable to connect to my WEP wifi connection. I'm going to have to figure out how to correct that. I was, however, able to connect to an open wifi connection quickly. Web browsing was very smooth. The other thing I did was watch a 720p mkv video file for a while, and that ran very smoothly as well.

From my preliminary usage with the II, I am pleased with it and look forward to using it more.

GnatGoSplat

Dec 5, 2011
I would think the Android 3.2 would make the use and feel seem a lot different, or is that not the case?
I admit I've never used 3.2 or newer, so I don't know what "Android for tablets" is like.

I do know one thing I liked a lot better on WebOS on the HP Touchpad is the apps are multi-paneled rather than single panel of Android apps. I was under the impression Android 3.2+ had a similar multi-panel UI.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Ok, just received my Le Pan II. I have had a Le Pan "I" for about a month so I can make some comparisons. The case is identical except I think they redesigned the power button so it is not so easy to accidently hit it. Hd video- On the Le Pan I, I was unable to watch some HD Music videos. They would freeze after 30 seconds to a minute or just get unwatchably choppy. The II played them instantly and smoothly. You tube plays in hd without having to go the "dolphin browser Connect as Ipad route"Wi Fi connected without any problem. I do not have an "N" router so My connection speed right now is 54mbps. As far as HDMI output, I am not sure how that is accomplished. The supplied cable is the same as the I. There are no instructions in the quick start guide regarding that and no connectors available on the Le Pan site. They say it will do it but I can't confirm that right now. Per Le pan Hdmi out can be achieved with a 30pin to hdmi adapter .

I am at work right now and I need to let this baby charge up, so I will be exploring it more tonight. So far I think it fixes all the little frustrations we have all had with the le pan I. Time will tell.

I have had a little more time to play with it and I must say it is awesome. The only downside I can see at this time is it does not get as loud as the Le Pan I for some reason. That is a bit disappointing. The browser in honeycomb is really nice has tabs like dolphin and google chrome.

After using most of the evening last night the battery ran most of the way down. I only charged it for 5 hours before first use however. (The quick start guide says charge 8 hours minimum) It froze once and I had to do one reset. 90% of the videos I tried to play worked perfectly. a couple kept buffering and wouldn't play.
The latest version of Google Music works.

The case is perfect, no glass edges can be felt, no glue residue.
There are some great reviews on the Amazon site,
http://www.amazon.com/Pan-II-9-7-In...iewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Last edited:

mrmisty

Dec 15, 2011
I would think the Android 3.2 would make the use and feel seem a lot different, or is that not the case?
I admit I've never used 3.2 or newer, so I don't know what "Android for tablets" is like.

I do know one thing I liked a lot better on WebOS on the HP Touchpad is the apps are multi-paneled rather than single panel of Android apps. I was under the impression Android 3.2+ had a similar multi-panel UI.

My usage with Android is very limited as I used the Le Pan I with Android 2.2 for only a short time. I don't have enough experience with Android to be able to compare 3.2 to previous versions.

roleme

Jan 3, 2012
Is it possible to use usb devices with it? I mean usb-drives, keyboards, mouses. Does skype video-calling work. I will get the tablet in a week but would like to see some video review before

0zzarkie

Jan 18, 2012
I ordered Le Pan 2 from Amazon on Jan 14th and now they say expect delivery 2/3 to 2/20
That's a big window.
Walmart & Best Buy have had 2 & 3 day delivery but I can wait, gives me time to study and gather the right
bt keyboard-case / screen cover/ stylus and read post of some problems some users have experienced.

Some having problems with the WiFi connection is a concern, wonder if it's caused by some not fully charging the battery before turning it on? That's a big temptation with new toys.
good luck to you

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Amen to that - the user experience on my Palm Pre2 with webOS 2.2 is nicer than the Android 2.2 on my LePan I.

Big reason, the UI feels more natural, apps don't disappear (are they still running?) when you decide to look up something else, do another task for a sec - they just slide aside. Closing any task is immediate, just flick it up the top of the screen.

Wish webOS development would proceed, it's a really nice op system. And being linux based, we have the solid unix fundation, just as Android.