Le Pan II upgrade

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
No, it will be posted on the web site. They have eliminated the OTA option on their most resent update v118. So new shipped tablets don't even have that capability. Much better anyway. Then you have a back up copy on your computer or sdcard if you want one.

jmmoran

May 4, 2012
From Le Pan Support today:

Dear Customer,

Google has not officially release their latest Android 4.0 OS to us yet. Once Google released that to us, we will be able to provide customers a LePan Sepecific upgrade.

At this time we do not have an estiamted release date.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
From Le Pan Support today:

Dear Customer,

Google has not officially release their latest Android 4.0 OS to us yet. Once Google released that to us, we will be able to provide customers a LePan Sepecific upgrade.

At this time we do not have an estiamted release date.

Wow, that is just plain bad. Android 4.0 was publicly released 11/14/11. Maybe Google didn't gift wrap a special copy for Le Pan but a public release means Le Pan can go and get it any time it wants. Makes me sad to see that response. Hopefully it was just a miss-communication by Customer Service.

May 3, 2012
Nope that's just what I like to call lip service its a load a junk and it roughly translates to: no upgrade to ICS is nor will it be available for lepanII. It's disappointing just like the accessory fiasco lepan puts us through. But I won't complain about it because it's an off brand and to be honest I shouldn't expect much from them. I still love my tablet even if it only runs honeycomb. It's still better than being put on waiting list for a trendy iOS device.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Wow, that has got to be from a seriously old Le Pan customer service script. I know they have ICS functioning on the LP2 in the factory. It is in final testing. I've seen pictures of it. Someone else was told the HDMI cable was still in development. A person working for a Le Pan supplier says the cable will be available at bestbuy.com starting monday and it is pictured on the le pan website now. Somebodies got there stories crossed here. Lets hope for the best.