Le Pan tablets?

Nov 11, 2011
Good afternoon all,
I just ordered 2 Le Pan 970's for my kids for Christmas. They're supposed to be here on the 12th. I purchased 3 different 7" tablets that I've returned and was about to give up all together, and then my kids found the one I had charging. Now the cat's out of the bag and they're just wayyyy too excited to get one under the tree. I was trying to stay under $100, but I had no luck rooting the cheaper tabs. So my husband told me to bite the bullet and buy them the more expensive one. I figured I'd just get the Kindle Fire, but found the LePan instead. I feel really good that I made the right decision. Only problem is I asked my parents for a Fire and I have a feeling that I'll be wanting to trade with the kids. Thank goodness they're in school, so perhaps I can borrow them during the day. So excited that we have a Forum dedicated to our tablet in case I have any future questions.

scdorosh

Dec 5, 2011
I am new to the tablet market and expecting my La Pan on Thursday this week. I have seen alot of discussion on the fingerprint beef of this and tablets in general. Seen a recommendation of using Rain-X which seems like an interesting opton. I have not seen much talk about the screen protectors and how well they work with this tablet. I am a i-phone user and refuse to use a screen protector becuase I feel it reduces the response on the screen. Any feedback on protectors for the La Pan? It seems to be an easy solution to the fingerprint problem but I am willing to deal with fingerprints if it takes away from a nice crisp response. Thanks

BDKR

Dec 2, 2011
I'm glad you were able to get one ordered and on the way. I ordered mine late evening on Thanksgiving from Amazon...even though it showed out of stock. But I got an email on Saturday giving me a delivery date of the following Wednesday. It arrived as expected.

Yeah, me too. And it got even tougher when we decided to get another one for my fiance. Walmart was out of them so off we went to Best Buy and picked up another for $219 bucks. I'm sure she'll like it based on how much she likes mine. :D

slammer67

Dec 4, 2011
Hi all, first post here.
Got the tc 970 in a couple days ago - wife's Christmas present, but she was too excited to wait. We have been playing around with it and it seems like a pretty nice tablet. only a couple bugs or hiccups so far but very pleased with it.

kenodude

Dec 4, 2011
Just got my TC970 yesterday! It could be that this is my very first tablet PC, but after 24 hours it's just like the reviews state......I am gonna have trouble keeping this away from my wife and my kids. Did a LOT of research and read every single review. So far I love it! very responsive, immediately hooked up to my WI-FI network at home without me having to really do anything. Android market is awesome. Again, it may be a little soon for "better than sliced bread" but at this point.......we'll give it a "Damn cool" rating!!

ion54

Nov 22, 2011
Hello!
Here I am posting third time about the TC970.
I'm now a week old in my ownership experience and I want to share it with all of you.

First I read a lot and decided that will be nice to have a rooted device with some tweaks for screen resolution and such. I followed the instruction provided at XDA-Developers and all went well. I had a tablet that was rooted and I could install Titanium backup and LCD resolution. But the joy lasted about a day and for no reason the tablet restarted and in the process decided to perform a factory reset by itself, so I've lost everything.
No big thing I said and used the backup and in no time I was back to where I wanted, but few hours later same thing happened again.
I set the resolution back to 240 that was before and tried again. Next day (I need to sleep some times) the factory reset occurred again and at that point I decided to flash the firmware and stay without root access. Three days of use and everything is perfect. I know, I cannot use titanium (that means I only can backup applications) and LCD resolution but everything is stable and runs smooth.
My setup contains Copilot Live Pro, Netflix, and I have tried Skype (version for Froyo worked), but uninstalled it as I don't use it.
I use Winamp for music an MXvideo for movies, FBreader for reading Ebooks, Picspeed for getting more wallpapers. Angry Birds runs fine, Drag racing runs but due to screen shape the cars are too short.

Hope this helps as the tablet is still available at Amazon.
One last thing, if you like the quality then you might want to wait for TC979 That will come with dual core snapdragon, and Android 3.2 sometime in January.

Last edited:

BDKR

Dec 2, 2011
I don't know if any one else noticed this, but the prices of these things are going back up. Never mind the face that they are increasingly out of stock. Tiger is up 100 bucks. Amazon is up 20. Best Buy is up 20. Myworldphone.com (?) is at 255.

One thing is certain: with the amount of usage and positive reviews these things have experienced, they are likely to become contenders to the more well known brands if the 979 is anywhere near as good as the 970.

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
Comments from LePan Support:

Dear Karen,

You can expect its release sometime between mid December to early January. We do not have them in stock right now so I don't have an answer to your question.

Thank you.

JulesVerne

Dec 14, 2011
Hello all ..
(I dont want to double post, but I did accidentally add my first post to the Android thread, and not the Le Pan thread, so I will post it here, where i wanted to in the first place!),

I just received my wife's Christmas Le Pan in mail from Amazon dot ca. It was one of the $169 ones.

Had to open just to see, and start setup. It has a 2/3 charge, and fired up nicely. Does feel a little heavy, so will see how that works out

It looks very smart. Got connected to my WiFi on first try. The touchscreen keyboard was quite responsive.

I have a Galaxy S smartphone running Android 2.2 Froyo so I hope my experience with that will help me pick good apps for this one.
I will have to pick and choose wisely, because my wife doesn't like clutter, and I dont want to slow it down with things she wont use.

I do see that there is a thread on peoples most-liked apps, so I'll be going there soon.
I have already bought a 32 gig Micro SD (class 10) so will be adding some videos and hopefully figuring out how to put Kindle books on there, instead of internal memory

Thanks for the forum, and I may be wishing that I bought myself one, though being the techie in the family, would probably get frustrated that it was stuck on V2.2

I look forward to posting my findings once it is set-up and once my wife starts using it (she WILL have to wait till Christmas!).

..Andrew​