Le Pan wifi problem

rret

Mar 8, 2012
there is another tablet out there with "pogo pins" that don't make good electrical contact which messes up the wifi on that tablet. see link below. my le pan II suffered from very slow and flakey wifi until i pressed (squeezed) the two halves of my le pan ii together using my fingers (camera side edge). i think this whole wifi issue with the le pan ii is a hardware issue where there is a bad contact or connection that affects the wifi. "compressing" the le pan ii's two halves near the camera edge fixed the problem for me. the tablet is a joy now - no longer fustrating. the above explanation makes sense and explains why some le pan's are good, others bad (in terms of wifi).
see http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/le-pan-tablets/36135-wifi-solution-just-thought.html

May 3, 2012
I use a lp2 and my wifi works just fine it sometimes takes a minute to connect to my home network but it does connect. One thing I've noticed is that it will connect to to wireless networks broadcasting their SSID. Since I live in an apartment building I keep mine hidden and my lp2 will connect to one of my neighbors before it connects to my home network. I don't know if this helps at all but it is a little something I noticed about the WIFI connectivity.

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
rret, thanks for your post. That did seem like a plausable explanation to the random wi fi problems people have. I hadn't heard of anyone actually having success trying it though. Glad it helped you. I had suggested installing wi fi analyzer and doing the pressing while the app was open. In theory the needle should move up while pressing.