Lenovo A2109 CM10 audio higher frequency sound problem vote thread...

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
So, if you have the high pitch (or whatever term you use to describe the weird sound? :p) problem with music or video while you are using superhansi's CM10 build, please just reply "yes". Otherwise reply "No".

Again, only reply this if you are using CM10, once again CM10!!

Sorry i don't know how to make the thread becomes vote section, so yeah I just want to narrow down the problem :D

Alright the way to solve sound problem, copy and paste directly from flash's comment: Here's the media codec file , just place in the etc folder and change permissions , rebootDev-Host - media_codecs.xml - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
All credit goes to flashallthetime

Update: Problem solved!!!!! Either use the way flashallthetime mentioned, or download the ROM and do a clean install:
Development: Cyanogenmod 10 for the A2109 - Page 20 - Lenovo Community

Last edited:

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
yes

by the way, just thinking aloud, could it be a matter of 48Khz as opposed to 44Khz audio ?

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
yes

by the way, just thinking aloud, could it be a matter of 48Khz as opposed to 44Khz audio ?

This is a good guess, so i searched on Google, and I think 48Khz just means better quality music because the frequency is wider, so probably not the reason why we have higher pitch sound :)

Last edited:

ramdyc

Dec 26, 2012
Yes.

I was hoping 4.2.2 would fix it but I still had the problem. It's not just playing at a higher pitch though, it's playing at a slightly faster pace which I think is causing the higher pitch.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Yes.

I was hoping 4.2.2 would fix it but I still had the problem. It's not just playing at a higher pitch though, it's playing at a slightly faster pace which I think is causing the higher pitch.

i dont think it actually plays faster since i compared the music between my laptop and my tablet, and turns out that the tablet plays the music with same speed as my laptop

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Sound is perfect with player pro, that makes me believe that either some libs are messed up or missing.

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Sound is perfect with player pro, that makes me believe that either some libs are messed up or missing.

Hmm interesting fact, I am comparing the sound .conf files right now and maybe .co files later :)

PS: do you have the paid version or trial version? The sound is the same on my tablet with Player Pro trial version... :-(

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
The sound files in the etc folder will not make any difference, I changed the settings and it made absolutely no change, there's so many files for sound, you also have alsa times too

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
The sound files in the etc folder will not make any difference, I changed the settings and it made absolutely no change, there's so many files for sound, you also have alsa times too

Yeah true that, saw the comment on Lenovo Forum, gonna compare those files as well :D

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
There's 4 libs that come with dsppack for player pro, so narrow it down to the libs, that are the only major changes to my system but they only work with player pro, has anyone tried a sound mod like acid audio?

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Yes, I was right, sound problem exist when using our tablet to play mp3 file. I converted the same song file to wma, and guess what? It plays just fine!!!!!! So I am assuming one of the libs file which encodes the mp3 file has some problem :-D Problem is still not solved yet, but we just narrow down the problem a little bit more :)

Last edited: