LEPAN Network connection

bala_android

Mar 3, 2012
Hi Frieds.

I bought my new Lepan II tablet yesterday. I'm facing problem with the wifi connection.

The problem is: The wifi connection doesn't looks stable. It is not working properly at all.
I have laptop where I can connect to my wifi without any issues and it works perfectly. But LEPAN II tablet is not working properly. It shows it is connected, but if I open any website it is damn slow. It took lottttts of time to open a page. I'm much worried about that.

I read few reviews and changed my wifi connection to "Static", but still it is very slow.

Should I need to go for any firmware update? Let me know

I don't how to proceed over. Can you help me on this?

My LEPAN-II details:

Baseband Version: LEPANIIMv114
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.11-perf+ LepanII@Enceladus # 13
Build Number: HTK75.user.v114,release-keys

Best Regards
Bala

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
bala, set your router to wpa2 security. Try not using static ip. i don't and my connection is fine. if you have an N router. experiment with G only or N only settings. Get wifi analizer from the market and try changing to a stonger or more open channel. It is probably not going o be quite as fast as your laptop. but is should pretty fast. pages should load in a second or so. good luck.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Copied from my post on Lepanlife.com

Bala, Even though your Laptop works well with your current settings. You may need to make some adjustments for your Le Pan.

My current wi fi settings are:
Dlink N300 dir-615 Router
Mode -G only (its an N router but seems more stable using G only.)
Channel: 1 (use a wifi analyzer to determine your strongest, clearest channel)
Security : WPA2 (the
LepanTab.com
wifi help link recommending WEP refers to the TC970 not the LP2)
Cipher: AES

(I am not using Static IP) See what works best for you.

Sit down with your Le Pan in front of your computer. Open your router Wi Fi settings page and play around with the settings. Find a video you are having trouble playing. Change one setting at a time if needed, try video, repeat until you see improvement.

Other factors:
From what I have read interference can be cause by-
Setting the router too near a Speaker
cordless 2.4ghz cordless phones
Router is best located higher off floor rather than lower. (Mine sits at about 5' up)
The router should face the area you most want a strong signal.
The closer to the router you are the better.

bala_android

Mar 3, 2012
Hi Yann.
Thanks for your reply. Finally I launched my youtube page after installing wifi fixer :p
But now..it works fine for few minutes and wifi restarts, check for connection, authenticating and connecting again - This process keeps on going few times.
After few minutes it gets settled. I'm not sure if that is the expected?
I have both wifi analyzer and wifi fixer installed in my tablet. Is it because of that?

My friend has IPad and he not even had a wifi issues, both are staying in the same room.

Best Regards
Bala

bala_android

Mar 3, 2012
Hi John.

Thanks for your reply.
My WIFI router settings are:

Security: WPA/WPA2 PSK
Cipher: CES
Radio Type: 802.11n

But still it is very slow. When I open Android market/try to download any app, it keeps on Loading and sometime it says Connection Time out :(

Tried with Wifi Analyser and Wifi Fixer..But it is temporarily working fine, and mostly it is not.

Any other go?

Regards
Bala

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Bala, the wifi in the Le Pans is not very good - we all hope we could improve it, but t's not an easy task.

Wifi Analyzer is good tool to see the signal strength in your network, and specially, to see if there's any conflicts with nearby wireless networks. There are only a few channels on the 2.4 GHz band, and they get congested easily in a more dense neighbourhood.

Use Wifi Analyzer and try to stay away from channels that already have routers transmitting on them. If nobody is using it, Channel 1 is ideal; but most likely someone else might be already there. As John mentioned, some wireless phones use the same frequencies, and interfere with some of the wifi channels. Bad. :(

Wifi Fixer is the one that's reconnecting you, I have used it and seen it happen. Keep it running, and it should help.

The iPad should have much better wifi performance. Le Pan has some high and low points; the screens are fantastic, but the wifi is the pits. :(

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
bala, your le pan should work well. mine does. loads web pages quikly, most videos play with very little buffering and in hd. this is admittedly after a month of trying to find ways to improve it. keep trying. it should work. if not it may be defective. i would not recommend rooting it until you are happy with it out of the box and know all is well. then that might be an option. if wi fi fixer keeps booting you off. disable it.

rret

Mar 8, 2012
i had trouble connecting at work on the free open wifi there. could not figure it out - tried just about everything. on a whim i toggled airplane mode off->on->off. BAM! le pan reports "getting IP address...connected."
so, in a nutshell, toggling airplane mode fixed my wifi at work connection.

coryrk

Feb 17, 2012
I have a $200 router on my home network. It is top of the line. My Le Pan can barely play a video while I am at home. It will load then not buffer for more than the first 30 seconds or so of the video. When I download an app from the Android Market, it will sometimes take forever to even download a small app. However, when I am at work I do not have any problems. Videos load with no problems and downloading apps is a breeze. Can anyone help me figure out what I can do to my home network to have the same wifi performance as I do when I am at work. I love my Le pan II except for the wifi issue which is a huge frustration!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
try adjusting your security settings. i use wpa2. make sure all your cables are plugged in tight. run speed test app what download speeds are you getting? get wifi analyser and switch your router to the most open channel. I have a 40.00 router and it works great.

rret

Mar 8, 2012
well - turns out toggling airplane mode doesn't fix my wifi at work all the time. i also had to turn off the "auto download attachment" stuff that google does in gmail. go into running apps and you'll see what i mean - gmail or google turn things on by default. i had to turn these off in order to make my wifi work.