Linking android device with Windows based PC via USB cable

khooandroid

Feb 12, 2012
Can anyone please advise whether the Android tablet can be connected via USB cable to a Windows PC to copy files directly from the PC's harddisk to the Android tablet?

seesawsaw

Mar 4, 2012
I have a android 2.3 and have used my pc with windows xp to load files to an sd card installed on my android. You can also use an sd card reader and link to usb on the pc to move files to and then insert the sd card back into the android.

HappyChris

Feb 4, 2012
Khoo, when you connect your tablet to the PC and look in the Notification pull-down you will see a message 'USB connected'. Tap this, tap OK to the next (confusing) message and the green Android will turn orange and tell you that you are now connected. See the tablet in Explorer on the PC. DON'T FORGET TO 'EJECT' THE TABLET FROM THE PC BEFORE YOU REMOVE IT! Do this to save yourself from possible deep sadness...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, tablets can be connected to the PC as mass storage devices to transfer files. However it it not necessary to connect to the PC many file explorers (ES FIle Explorer or Astro for example) will detect shared PC drives from your tablet allowing you to move files back and forth wirelessly. YOu can also utilize Samba or drop box to move and sync files wirelessly. With all the wireless options there is no reason to plug into the PC.

It is time to cut the cord just pick your favorite method and you never have to bother connecting to the PC again.

JP