Linux Users, Coby 8042, Root, Recovery, Update, All Without Livesuite

hagsmich

Oct 24, 2012
On the tablet I have a mini usb and hdmi plug and that's it, so what kind of keyboard would I use. If I get a usb to mini usb adapter that might work. What hard key combos should I try. I tried power button and volume up buttons at the same time. I've been reading up on livesuite and I don't see anyone saying good things about it now with the more current tablets.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
On the tablet I have a mini usb and hdmi plug and that's it, so what kind of keyboard would I use. If I get a usb to mini usb adapter that might work. What hard key combos should I try. I tried power button and volume up buttons at the same time. I've been reading up on livesuite and I don't see anyone saying good things about it now with the more current tablets.

Most tablets come with USB host/keyboard adapter, any usb keyboard or usb mouse works just fine, usb mouse probably faster than keyboard.

Ok I took the 9042 script.bin apart your recovery keys are wide range.

[recovery_key]
key_min = 15
key_max = 35

how many button's do you have?

try holding down vol up, then press and hold power button until you see coby screen, then keep holding vol up let go of power.
if doesn't work try same with volume down.

Last edited:

hagsmich

Oct 24, 2012
Holy crap, I looked in the stuff that came with the tablet and low and behold the adapter was in there. I attached a mouse and was able to check usb debugging and now I can get into recovery. OK, now I just need a good ROM to flash. Do you have a ROM that will fix the TS and give me the google play store and maybe netflix?

Do these tablets have GPS's in them?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Holy crap, I looked in the stuff that came with the tablet and low and behold the adapter was in there. I attached a mouse and was able to check usb debugging and now I can get into recovery. OK, now I just need a good ROM to flash. Do you have a ROM that will fix the TS and give me the google play store and maybe netflix?

The rom I gave you was a dump from 9042, it should have worked for you, I am current downloading joenarsu12 dump. i can only use the dumps provided by users.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...neration-3-devices-post249753.html#post249753

hagsmich

Oct 24, 2012
I installed gapps from the zip file but the play store icon is not there.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
When you booted after installing the apps through ClockworkMod, you should have gotten a toast message saying that Android was updating, with a spinner and file countdown. If you didn't see that, then the apps are not installed. I'm only speculating here, but that would happen only if you never had root or lost root.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
When you booted after installing the apps through ClockworkMod, you should have gotten a toast message saying that Android was updating, with a spinner and file countdown. If you didn't see that, then the apps are not installed. I'm only speculating here, but that would happen only if you never had root or lost root.

Something didn't go right as gapps should have installed playstore.

hagsmich

Oct 24, 2012
I tried the zip file and that didn't install the playstore either. I will try to do the manual install tonight.