List of 1.1 ROMs for Viewsonic G-Tablet

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hope this isn't thread-jacking since it's about ROMs. I've looked through the forums and I just wanted to confirm 2 things. ROM Manager does work and if I let it install it's recovery thats ok too. I think it's yes to both but I couldn't find a concrete yes anywhere I looked...

I am going to differ a tiny bit here from Fuga's post...go ahead and install ROM Manager, but don't use it to install ROMs. There is a function however for fixing file permissions that is rock-star solid on resolving Force Close issues. That alone is worth the price of installation. As far as using it to install ROMs, Clockwork makes it pretty darn easy, and i would recommend using that process.

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Ok. I know I am in over my head!! But i just gt my g-tablet and you have all been very helpful with exchange servers and certificate errors. I do not know if I would have kept my tablet wothout all your help. so THANK YOU.
My question is do I need to change my rom? or is this for special apps? Plus there was a post about TapnTap? I do not want to take a chance and ruin my tablet, if I do not need these things
Once again thank you all for all your help
Jaye

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
The need to flash the ROM has dramatically decreased from the initial ROMs, but there are still things that you get with the customized ROMs that have been made available. Read through the main thread here on Rooting and Flashing. It is a broad focus discussion on this topic.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I am going to differ a tiny bit here from Fuga's post...go ahead and install ROM Manager, but don't use it to install ROMs. There is a function however for fixing file permissions that is rock-star solid on resolving Force Close issues. That alone is worth the price of installation. As far as using it to install ROMs, Clockwork makes it pretty darn easy, and i would recommend using that process.

Ya I meant for installing ROMs. Devs over at XDA say don't use it so I go by them. And I never had to fix permissions so I just left it be.

greystreet

Apr 10, 2011
My first attempt at installing a ROM was with G-Harmony v1.2. It installed with no problems and I liked it, but thought I would experiment a little since I am new to all of this! I then installed Vegan v5.1 and I like it. I noticed there is a Vegan v5.1.1 supplement. Anybody tell me what was added or changed in the supplement and is it worth the download and install?

Im also curious about the supplement. Im wondering if its necessary and how to intall it. Any help is appreciated!

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Yes it is fully functional. There are differences in Android 2.3 vs 2.2 so you kinda have to overcome them. But its pretty easy. I prefer it over any ROM right now.

Ronin317

Mar 23, 2011
Yes it is fully functional. There are differences in Android 2.3 vs 2.2 so you kinda have to overcome them. But its pretty easy. I prefer it over any ROM right now.
Even vegan? Cause that rom is pretty rock effin' solid...

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Even vegan? Cause that rom is pretty rock effin' solid...

Vegan looks similar to TnT. I hate the way the notifications act and buttons at the top. I like to see my Samba and Advanced Task Killer icons at the top so I know whats running. I hate the (4) that sits up there and I have to hit that to see whats running.

dansargeant

Apr 17, 2011
For questions regarding the root folder. Watch this video at 1:15. BTW this Youtube user has many useful vids on installing and modifying your GTab. I got Vegan 5.1 up and running in about 30 minutes with his videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
in most cases yes. if the file is a zip file then use the standard method. otherwise the developer should provide instructions

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum