List of upcoming tablets

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
It should include the AuGen since you can buy it at Kmart (if they have any in stock) Price will play an important decision maker. Newer technology will make these devices ultra-lite weight. The max I would shell out is $300 bucks. AuGen Gentouch 78 is a favorite for me. I haven't seen anything like this since the days of Tandy Radio Shack Hand Held PC.

iPadhater

Aug 8, 2010
That's true and the Augen is the best thing around right now but it's sparse on the tech specs :(. I could shell put $40 and get an evo or droid x you know :/. I'm willing to shell out $500 if it's a GREAT tablet you know ? But hats off to AuGen they made the android platform available to everyone :D

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
$500 is just too much for these devices. $100 to $200 mid range $200 to $300 should be the tops. These Netbook/Tablet combo units are priced too high and that's now where technology should be headed. It should lite, and get the job done. Battery should be able to last 4hrs min and 8hrs max. Expandable no limit in GB size for the future. Easy flashing of the ROM already installed. 1080p HD LED/LCD touchscreen panel. The Chinese knock-off brands have some good configuration features, where as here marketing removes all these features. To them let's keep it simple as users don't need to get confused with extra settings. Anyway The ExoPC Tablet I was very interested in that but it has some issues. But first the Knock-off from China (let down big time) and AuGen Gentouch 78 with some tweaks makes a very good less expensive tablet PC for everyone to use and not break the wallet or purse.

I don't know if you have seen this Unbiased list 2x pages of Tablet PCs each one is rated by user or expert.
Tablet PCs - ProductWiki unbiased product reviews

Pay attention to the: Marvell Moby: ( Source Link Pre-Review ) rated at 75% out of 100% only cost $99 and can do 1080p. This is the range most customers will be looking at. When I was showing off the Gentouch 78 at a party last night I had attended. The first thing I was asked how much?

Last edited:

iPadhater

Aug 8, 2010
You're quite right there as they never replace full laptops, and I do quite wish they weren't so costly :/. The wetab was as high end as I wanted to go, and Asus is coming out with some great tablets. I'll look into that site thanks :D
Btw the have you heard of either ICD VEGA or GEMINI? the first one is supposedly already released and is about $300 ! Great specs too and it runs 2.0 with upgrade to 2.2 promised

TechNinja

Jul 31, 2010
As with anything in this life, you get what you pay for. The quality of product you get is directly proportionate to the amount of money you invest, especially true for the generic tablets. Honestly buying the Augen will most likely just being a waste of 100 bucks, unless you have time to fiddle with the hardware and software and at that point i'd probably just want to buy a better device.

Marvell's Moby sounds like false promises. The features it has aren't really realistic for the price. We'll see how it goes, but since theres no real release date, there will probably be a bunch of far superior devices available by that time.

iPadhater

Aug 8, 2010
Uhh anyone heard of the Compal Naz 10?! Looks hecka sexy spec wise and looks! Also what's your opinions on the Galaxy Tab by Samsung? Personally i don't want an ARM device unless it's a phone. Thanks for the feedback guys

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I own two Netbooks (which I hardly use) Couple of laptops only 3x active the rest are not use or on standby bases. Tablets ideal was dead, now with the Android OS from Google that is all changed now. To much vapor-ware products or I should say prototype models showing up as the real deal. First they need to scope the market and get some UAT (user acceptance testers) like we do in a Model Office. Find out what users (customers want) and not the other way around like (how much money can be made with less hardware).

With my AuGen Gentouch 78 I can go beyond 4hrs, finding out that Android Market was still running downloads that was just wasting system resources. So that and Browser downloads need to be CANCELLED and clear out the cache. SetCPU and Memory Lite seem to do make the Tablet PC Zip long.

SetCPU on AC 384/384 = 768MHz or DC 384/245 = 629MHz for my profiles.

Last edited:

iPadhater

Aug 8, 2010
Netbooks seemed dead from the start and I think the biggest threat android faces in the tablet market is Windows 7! It's a battery hog but it's still a full desktop class os on a tablet. How does the AuGen fair on AC power at peak performance at handling tasks? Is there hang/lag running eclair or is it smooth? And the biggest question, how do apps from the marketplace fair on a 7 inch screen? Do they look like expanded versions of their smaller mobile borthers?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I have to tweak the AuGen Gentouch 78, way to much services that are not needed running. But beside the the battery has lasted more than 4hrs before it had shutdown on me. AC is full power now. DC very quick I had it outside in the dark at a party Saturday night. Everyone was asking what was that? So it has turned some heads around.

Apps are now full screen by default the GenTouch 78 has everything mini screen. Minor tweak now everything is full screen. 7" Widescreen is pretty good. I can't stand those 3.5, 4, 5 and 6. 7" or 8". Netbook 10.1" it's okay. 14.0 wide, 15.6 wide, 17.3 wide (this huge) I have couple of 12" Laptops and 1 12 year old with PII 266MHz L2 512KB and 256KB running Windows XP Pro SP3 (trick was to replace the HDD with 7,200RPM) on Toshiba Tecra 8000. Boy those use go for $4,000 bucks! Anyway Yes Netbook is kinda of dead and I only paid less that $250 for both of them last year. ASUS had issue with the LED/LCD panels fail, I just got mine back from them. I won't buy another ASUS device again. ACER is the other one no issues with it. Both run Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with 2GB of RAM. But AuGEn Tablet is hot seller and hard to find right now at the Kmart stores. I am getting ready to ship back with RMA# the China Knock-off iRobot unbranded model to the seller here in USA because it lousy product. I'll use that money to buy another AuGen GenTouch 78.

Did you look at my videos click on my youtube sign below that will take you too all my reviews on AuGen GenTouch 78 and iRobot Clone Knock-off. You'll see how it performs. I am testing Cachemate, Task Killer, SetCPU, Memory lite see how the work together.