Listening to music on my A100 7 inch

indigo_dave

Dec 16, 2011
I have a Black Friday purchased 7" Acer that I'm enjoying. Mostly for reading a few special interest forums (ukuleleunderground.com is one). I was really impressed with the sound when I plugged it into the auxilliary jack and hear the beautiful full sound. I was using google music and after several songs the app seemed to lock up. The tablet was still functional but clicking the forward, backward, pause and play functions did nothing but emit that sound that I'll describe as the synthetic camera shutter sound. This happened on repeated occasions.

So I thought I'd try the amazon player. It played several songs but then seemed to go to sleep like the tablet does if not touched for several minutes. When I pressed the "on" button it played another song but then went to sleep again till I pressed the "on" button again.

So (deja vu) I thought I'd try the nemo player. It played a few songs then stopped. Then after a couple (about 2) minutes played one more song. Then a couple of minutes of silence. Then played another song....

What gives ? Any advice. I'm thinking a setting. I'm a tablet novice but have a nephew who's an android freak and can help me if some action is needed.

Thanks,

David

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
That's odd--I would think most media players would be able prevent the device from going to sleep. You can always go to Settings->Screen->Timeout, and change it to "Never" so that the device never goes to sleep.

indigo_dave

Dec 16, 2011
Thanks BDiddy. It seems to have worked. So far I've played almost a whole cd (ripped of course) . I set the timeout to never and lowered the brightness all the way. This problem should be fixed. I think I read that Acers tabs will get the Ice Cream Sandwich around mid-January. Hope it fixes this. But it's nice to have a way to work around the problem for now.

Thanks again BDiddy.

Dave