Live Outside US? Here Are A Few Alternatives To Google Play Store/Amazon Appstore

SCHMEDLEYB

Jan 7, 2012
Vesko,
Try logging into the market (the real one) through your browser.
Google "android market".
You may be able to dl some apps for your tab from there.
The market on my chinese bought tab will not show results for some searches either.
The Google Android Market scanns your device for compatibility with its apps and will only allow you to dl apps that it thinks will work on it.

From my J10 Flytouch VI (AKA unknown mercury)

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
I use Eoemarket which be converted from to English via babblefish. I get free apks there. Also android freewarelovers.

J

jimbo7630

Can't praise SlideMe.org enough! If you get the "App Installer v.1.4" from there you can download any app to your SD Card and App Installer will automatically detect it/them and give you the option to click on Install or Delete from Card. Stopped me tearing my hair out!

Last edited by a moderator:

incantrix

May 2, 2012
Do these sites allow the download of apps to a device which is not on the Android Market's 'compatible' list?

I'm looking at buying a tablet which isn't on the AM list and don't want to be stuck with no apps. It'll be running Android 4.0 ICS.

TIA

J

jimbo7630

I think you'll find that all of the Apps in the "Sticky" Threads can be loaded on any Android device (there may be some which are not compatible with your device, but that is a separate issue!)

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Note: Not all app stores carry the latest version of an app, e.g. Amazon still carries an old version of textPlus Gold compared to the version available in Google Play.
I have written to both textPlus and Amazon, and they both continue to point fingers at each other as to why Amazon does not carry the latest.
Not all app stores charge the same price for the same Android app.
So be sure to shop around.
I have also found that many iPhone apps are cheaper than the Android version (from the same Developer), fwiw.

Theguyuk

Nov 7, 2012
Hello

I have a WM8650 tablet and thought at first I had bought a naff Tablet with the Amazon etc market problems then I happened to find PANDAAPP.COM went to the Android sections and all the programmes and apps I wanted were there and they worked with the WM8650 tablet! no problems...

I had nearly thought my tablet could not run angry birds etc as not powerful enough but after finding Pandaapp I soon realised I was wrong. These tablets can run these programmes....!

Then I bricked the tablet playing about trying ROMs but at last Uberoid V12.1 saved me and installed rom number 136...( I was over the Moon at having the tablet saved, bang on guys )

Anyway hope the link to Panda helps guys

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Looks like a possibility, can't hurt to try it out. Let us know how it works.