Loading apps from SD card

vivientan

Jun 5, 2012
I just received my Onda Vi40 yesterday. Was trying to load apps from the SD card from my S II but they don't show up when I go to "My Apps". I've no problems loading apps the same way on other Android phones. Can someone shed a light on what may have gone wrong?

macthecat

May 16, 2012
vivientan said:
I just received my Onda Vi40 yesterday. Was trying to load apps from the SD card from my S II but they don't show up when I go to "My Apps". I've no problems loading apps the same way on other Android phones. Can someone shed a light on what may have gone wrong?

Hi

Try downloading a file manager such as es file explorer tap favorites which will find your sd card contents, from there you should be able to install your chosen apps.
Cheers macthecat

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

If I recall, the SII is still on Gingerbread and your Onda is ICS.

Are you trying to run apk files from the external storage, or were the apps moved to the SD using App2SD on your SII?

If it was the latter, you will find that App2SD does not work well with ICS and will probably end up hurting more than it helps.

If they are just APK files, find your card using ES FIle Explorer or File Manager HD and run the files. Make sure you have Other sources checked in Settings - Privacy & Securty