Location Based Time and Widget Updates

ebh

Nov 9, 2011
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi and I've only had it for a few weeks. While I can figure out most of the features and settings there are two that sort of just baffle me.

How do you set up Android to automatically adjust the time based on DST and location? I ask this because recently I was traveling and passed through several time zones, but when I was able to connect to a WiFi signal the time did not automatically adjust to the new timezone, even though the "GPS" was turned on and showed my current location. Is there a setting that I am missing? I know that if this was connected to a 3G signal then the time would have been sent through that connection, but since I am only a WiFi tablet, is setting up the time this way even possible?

This also leads into another issue. On the homepage the default widgets, and most others, like the weather and news feeds, they don't automatically update. I would have expected that these would update as the tablet was able to connect to a WiFi signal.

I think that I might just be missing a setting somewhere because I mean this is supposed to be an internet based tablet, and well having automatic updates on weather and the time is sort...well expected.

Any help that you can give would be appreciated.