Lock Screen While On?

oakvad

Dec 23, 2011
was wodering if there is an app, or maybe a setting im missing to lock my screen on while my 5 yr old watches movies.
i have a veiwsonic g tab running flashback

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Are you talking about keeping the screen on so it doesnt sleep? if you are this one should work for you screen on toggler of your looking for locking the phone so your 5 year old cant mess with it but still use it you might like this smart lock lite make sure to watch the video

oakvad

Dec 23, 2011
Are you talking about keeping the screen on so it doesnt sleep? if you are this one should work for you screen on toggler of your looking for locking the phone so your 5 year old cant mess with it but still use it you might like this smart lock lite make sure to watch the video

yes im wanting to be able to lock all functions while the screen is on and my son is watching a movie. he is real good at hitting every botton while a movie is playing

tikigod19

Jan 13, 2012
hi Oakvad, I signed up to this site specifically to ask if you had any luck with this, as you're after exactly what I would like too.

I'm sick of giving my galaxy s2 (which has a fantastic screen lock feature while a video is playing) to my 2 year old, so hoped to buy her a cheap tablet but finding one with a screen lock whilst playing video seems hard to find.

Did you get anywhere with this?

oakvad

Dec 23, 2011
hi Oakvad, I signed up to this site specifically to ask if you had any luck with this, as you're after exactly what I would like too.

I'm sick of giving my galaxy s2 (which has a fantastic screen lock feature while a video is playing) to my 2 year old, so hoped to buy her a cheap tablet but finding one with a screen lock whilst playing video seems hard to find.

Did you get anywhere with this?

I have not found anything yet. As far as I know the samsung is the only one with this feature.
Still doing some research though, and I will post if I find anything

tikigod19

Jan 13, 2012
when you say the samsung do you mean the phone I mentioned, or do you know if there is there a samsung tablet with this feature?

oakvad

Dec 23, 2011
Well if you just want to have it when your kid watches movies you should probably be looking for a video player that does what you want. I found this one https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mobilebabytoys.videoplayer&hl=en that i think does exactly what you want. It is 99 cents but 99 cents is basically free

Unreal. Never thought to look for a video player w the feature. Thank u

Tikigod, yes as far as I know all samsung products including tablets are able to lock the screan

tikigod19

Jan 13, 2012
GENUIS!

Ok so just to clarify as I've never had a tablet, I'm now basically looking for a cheap rugget android tablet on which I can download that app, is that correct?

oakvad

Dec 23, 2011
GENUIS!

Ok so just to clarify as I've never had a tablet, I'm now basically looking for a cheap rugget android tablet on which I can download that app, is that correct?

I would say "correct" but keep in mind you are getting what you pay for.
I absolutely love my modded and rommed gtab it hangs with all the big dogs, but as for stock... not so much it leaves a lot to be desired

tikigod19

Jan 13, 2012
well, i finally got round to buying a very cheap tablet made by scroll essential but it appears it doesnt have google play store on it and no way of getting it on that i can see, so I can't download the app. So frustrating!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'm now basically looking for a cheap rugget android tablet on which I can download that app, is that correct?

That's correct, if the tablet come with the Android Market AKA Play Store, you're all set. Otherwise you'll have to find another source for the app or add the Play store app to the tablet you get. Might be a hassle.