Locked out, forgot associated account

Discussion in 'Sony Tablet S' started by brianna67, May 28, 2013.

1. brianna67

brianna67 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sony Tablet S
    My son tried to unlock my tablet and locked me out. Now, it is asking for my associated account information. I have no clue which account that would be. I have a Gmail account that is linked to the Gmail app and I have a school email address with the default email app. I have tried both with and without the @gmail.com etc. ending. I know the passwords are correct as well. However, I am wondering if when I registered the tablet, I linked some other account? I have quite a few email addresses, several of which I randomly created and do not use. What is considered the "associated account" and is there a way I can get that information from Sony? I was relieved that I just needed to enter my email and password, only to find it not working. When I Googled this, I saw references to resetting the device which I would really prefer NOT to do. Thanks in advance.

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    The associated account would usually be the same one you would access the Google Store with when it would show your device if you selected an app to install.

• Like Like x 2
  3. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Can you check your gmail from another device to see if you received a reset notification?

• Like Like x 2