Logitech Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

jtshowerman

Jul 25, 2011
Does anyone know if the subject items can be paired to m Iconia 500. I couldn't find any drivers listed for Anderoid.

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
I won't swear to this because I don't actually have experience with that particular combo, but you shouldn't need bluetooth drivers for an individual device. If the device is bluetooth (and of a supported general type, which mice and keyboards are) and if there's bluetooth on the tablet (there is :)), It should work.

Worst case, get it from a big box store, save the receipt and if it doesn't work, take it back. :)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The question is sort of vague, because logitech makes so many different models of wireless keyboards and mice.

But it you are talking about this one I would save your receipt or take the tablet to the store to test with.
Logitech - Cordless Desktop MX

14449.png

This model is highly suspect. The system requirements mention that it needs a USB port.
The detailed pics show a USB Dongle. (a rather LARGE one at that.
Wait, what?
So is it USB or is it Bluetooth?
If they only supply the Dongle for computers that don't have bluetooth, then you are good.
If that Dongle is necessary, then BAD. Who whats that monster hanging out of your Acer?

So in general:
If the mouse and keyboard did NOT come with a Dongle it is a true bluetooth, and it will work.

I have a Dell bluetooth mouse and some generic bluetooth keyboard and they both work.
$detail_2297_Dell_Bluetooth_Mouse.jpg (9 bucks people!!! Shop around).

Some people mistake USB devices (they have a dongle you plug into the computer) for bluetooth.
These sometimes work too, but not as reliably as true bluetooth.

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
Yes, I have the Microsoft Arc mouse and it works great in my tablet...it has the USB dongle so it's not bluetooth in any respect. You plug it in and the pointer comes up and is ready to use instantly.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
How did you get your Dell BT mouse to work?
Mine would pair but not connect.

It is a great mouse!

I just had to unpair it to refresh my memory, Here's what I did.

Start by unpairing it.

On the tab make sure its discover-able and blue tooth is on.
Then pick up the mouse, turn on and tap the blue button.

On the tablet, in bluetooth settings scroll all the way down to scan for new devices.
Select your mouse (by its mac address which is printed on the bottom).
Key in 0000 for pairing. hit ok.
Tap any mouse button and a cursor will appear on your screen.

Every time you wake the tablet, tap a mouse button to tell the tablet that the mouse is ready.

SpyHard06

Aug 26, 2011
Yes, I have the Microsoft Arc mouse and it works great in my tablet...it has the USB dongle so it's not bluetooth in any respect. You plug it in and the pointer comes up and is ready to use instantly.

Can i ask how you got it working, as i have plugged my arc mouse dongle in, but it doesnt seem to be recognising it.