Lollipop Upgrade Changed Folder View How To Revert To Original View?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollys13

Jul 10, 2016
My tablet had a recent Lollipop upgrade is now Lollipop Android 5.1.1. Since the upgrade my folder view has completely changed see 3 attached screenshots.
Originally my folder view on the tablet was something like Windows Explorer folder view which was ideal, see attached screenshots. When I arranged my woodcarving lessons. I created a folder, Mary May and in that folder I created sub folders for each of her project lessons, if I clicked on a sub folder then all the lessons in that sub folder would be displayed.
Now after the Lollipop update, is nothing like how I had and wanted the folder display. I download the free version of Nova Launcher to try and change the folder view to how it was originally before the Lollipop upgrade. After playing around with the settings I'm afraid I've had no luck at all.
Can someone please help me get my folders to display how they were before the upgrade.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 542
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 562
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 592
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 569
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 572

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Nova Launcher won't help. Other than displaying your app icons on screen launchers have nothing to do with the underlying Android system. At the same time, the Android OS isn't your problem either. Your video player is the issue. There should be a settings menu located somewhere in the app that you can use to change the folder view. One of the icons in the upper right may also do the same thing.

If neither of those work, switch video players. VLC for Android is a good one, and it's free. Another good one is MX Player, although that one has its limitations (ads, no Dolby AC3 support without an unofficial download from XDA Developers).

Pollys13

Jul 10, 2016
Hi done that, at first I thought worked fine, as the folder directory view was similar.
However on playing back the videos the video and voice are really out of sync?
I will Google to try to find solutions if I do I'll post back here.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Pollys13

Jul 10, 2016
Update:
The default video player is on the system as well as VLC. Video plays back on default player but with same problem. I thought there might be a conflict preventing VLC working properly. Googled how to remove default player, nothing seemed to be specific to tablet, tried various phone approaches, no joy. Tried applications, couldn't find an option to remove default video player. Tried resetting applications and various hardware acceleration changes, no luck.
When I first opened VLC I got a directory view similar to the orignal Windows Explorer type. Now when I use VLC I get a picture of each video like when using the default video player.

Pollys13

Jul 10, 2016
Nova Launcher won't help. Other than displaying your app icons on screen launchers have nothing to do with the underlying Android system. At the same time, the Android OS isn't your problem either. Your video player is the issue. There should be a settings menu located somewhere in the app that you can use to change the folder view. One of the icons in the upper right may also do the same thing.

If neither of those work, switch video players. VLC for Android is a good one, and it's free. Another good one is MX Player, although that one has its limitations (ads, no Dolby AC3 support without an unofficial download from XDA Developers).
Yes had another look and have now been able to select a satifactory folder view.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.