Looking at a Lenevo ThinkPad

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hey Guys,I need to get another tablet for my wife seeing she wont let the Zenithink back in the house and seeing it is for her who must be obeyed I am looking at a Lenevo think Pad that runs Android 4.0.
Has any one out there got any info on this brand,in other words are they any good,and what she wants it for is simply for emails and spending our money on online purchasing.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hopefully, some of the folks with Lenevo ThinkPads will help you out by replying here.

igg

Sep 14, 2012
I have bitten the bullett and bought an Lenovo think pad tablet,can anyone tell me how to transfer photo's taken on a phone to the Think pad (which runs the Android 4.0.3 upgrade)the phone is a Samsung Wave that runs a samsung system and not Android

BGN87

Mar 28, 2012
igg said:
I have bitten the bullett and bought an Lenovo think pad tablet,can anyone tell me how to transfer photo's taken on a phone to the Think pad (which runs the Android 4.0.3 upgrade)the phone is a Samsung Wave that runs a samsung system and not Android

Use dropbox

drewdale

Dec 6, 2012
I am also using the same device and works very well, also planning to have it upgraded to Jelly Bean.

jerunamuck

Dec 24, 2012
Yet another reply to a stale thread for the sole purpose of FYI...
Got one from our IT department. There are a couple interesting things but I still use my TF-201 way more than this.

1st, the Lenovo app store is scary, stay away from it! Lots of useless apps that demand permissions that are not necessary for their functionality.

2nd, This active pen is very cool, more like a real pen than the rubber crayon that most tablets support. I'm not an artist but I've been using it for doodling and note taking just like a paper pad. It may never replace the napkin but it's handy to take a picture of that napkin and annotate it right after lunch.

3rd, I give it 5* for hack-ability. This was a WiFi only tablet and I dropped in a 3G modem in like 10 minutes. The construction though does not look like it will take much of this before little tabs start breaking. (see power switch complaints)

Finally, There are some business friendly tweaks like Active Directory authentication, Cisco VPN, and network printing that "Should" be available through Google Play but aren't.

jerunamuck

Dec 24, 2012
forgot to say why I still like my Asus better....
what can I say, it's lighter, thinner, faster, smoother of operation... I've seen one bugfix from Lenovo (4.0.3) but Asus has pushed out several updates (4.1.1) and done so faster. My conclusion is that Asus is more committed to product support than Lenovo. If both were to die today, I'd be replacing them with an Asus before a Lenovo.

Though your mileage may vary....