Looking at the Asus Tablet (transformer I think it is called)

Beckea

Sep 4, 2011
That and between xoom and IPAD ~ anyway I like the look of the Asus, and I really do not like how Ipad is set up where you cannot use a card slot ... anyway anything you would like to add that will help me decide, would be great.

Xoom does not seem to have what I want but still looking at it with the Ipad, and Asus, but Asus seems to have everything I want.

Can you upload pictures, card slot?
What features do you like about it? Any issues with it?

jmpreder

Jul 27, 2011
I love my asus and have has no problems. I love the functionality of the keypad. What specific questions do you have?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Beckea

Sep 4, 2011
Can you upload pictures?
Can I put a picture on it for a wallpaper?
What apps is available? How many?
Can you put on Facebook? Blogger? Emails? Weather?
I hear it does have a card slot? Does it?
What is the size?
I looked at one for a short time at Best Buy and it looked like it could be smaller than Ipad?

OniIX

Sep 17, 2011
the tablet has 3.2 and is just a bit smaller then the iPad. I own 3 android tablets and both iPads. I love my Transformer I can do anything on this tablet and never even have to root it.

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
I own both the transformer and the keyboard and i absolutely love it!. It does pictures as you asked; both cameras work well. It is running android honeycomb 3.2. Asus has been vey good with keeping up with the updates so far. Between the tablet and keyboard you have both a full size sd slot (keyboard) and a micro sd slot (tablet). I have 32gb class 10 cards in both! It also has a mini hmdi slot and the keyboard has 2 usb slots. The keyboard also extends the battery life to about 14 hours of heavy use. Bigger and better screen than the ipad. There is a 3g version out now (mine is not 3g) but I have no problem tethering the transformer to my phone when wifi is not available. My phone is 3g; 4g not available in my area yet, but when 4g comes here, I will get a new phone and my transformer will then also be 4g. Bluetooth works well; I've had no problems syncing with any of my bluetooth devices.

The one place that apple still leads it that is has more apps, but there are plenty of apps with more on the way. Currently, there are approx 250,000 android apps compared to approx 450, ios apps. It's only a matter of time before there are more android apps than Apple. Google is about to release their latest version of android ( ice cream sandwich) and that will really expand the development of android apps. Not all current android apps will run on the transformer, mainly because of the different versions of android out there (one for phones and one for tablets). Ice cream sandwich will run on both phones and tablets, opening the door for even more development of apps.

The google email app handles gmail, hotmail and other mail accounts. The calander app syncs with google calender. You can load facebook with the browser and there is also a facebook app. There is a skype app and google talk. You can get apps from several places. Google has the android market. Amazon has a app store that features a free paid app every day. There are other sites as well. There are several weather apps and widgets including acuweather and the weather channel.

You can upload pictures via the card slots. You can use any picture as the wallpaper. Movies also play very well.

It is actually bigger than the ipad; the ipad is 9.7in, the transformer is 10.1

The only real issue is that the transformer comes with a really short power cord, but this is easily fixed with a usb 3.0 entension cord ($2-$6) be careful; it must be usb3.0.

If you buy the transformer and keyboard (which I highly recommend), I recommend the portfolio case made by Tuff-luv

Last edited:

donmcdougall

Sep 4, 2011
Beckea, 16 hour battery life, a mini SD card, two USB ports and a SD card slot. Yes you have e-mail, facebook, and the ability to set the background. You also have access to 100,000 adroid apps.

TDsoundwave

Sep 18, 2011
I bought the transformer too and I love it. that said, the cameras work but the quality of the pictures is actually not that great, but to be honest are you really gonna be using this as a camera? What pulled me to buy this over the ipad was the price and the functionalbility and I have not been disappointed. the keyboard takes some getting used to but when you have it down it is a great laptop. The office program is compatible with MS office so it works well enough. And the widges . . .dear God the widgets. I love setting them around my home screens like pieces of functional furniture. I think the transformer is a steal for the price tag.