Looking for 9.7 inch android tablet

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi there,
There are loads of good tabs that size. Firstly though, you need to know what you want to use it for. How much memory is needed, screen configuration, camera, connectivity, etc etc etc. & last but not least, how much do you want to pay?
Then ask where from? How long to wait for delivery etc.
If, like me you are on a tight budget I would suggest looking at the supporting vendors websites. These are chinese sellers but are pretty trustworthy & offer support once you've got your device. Thete are even cheaper alternatives but this is a bit of a lottery at times. Some say in stock when not, others send cheap alternetives to what you actually ordered but some are honest, you take yur chance.
With supported vendors you pay just a little more but get what you ordered, usually in shorter time.
Anyway, depending on money, here are a few things I would suggest you look for in a tab.
Capacitive screen with resolution at least 800x600 (the higher the better, ips if possible but not essential).
DDR ram memory 512+ (1gb is usual on bigger tabs).
Nandflash memory at least 8gb (again the higher the better).
Cpu 1ghz or higher.
Battery life around 5hrs or more.
1080hp video playback.
Camera ( if required).
Wifi & 3g support
Bluetooth support ( if required).

You can get all this from a chinese tablet from around £140 (220usd) but would pay at least £40 more from uk or 60usd from us markets.
If you have more money, you may want to buy a more well known, branded device. They're a lot more money & don't have much better specs than chinese, but you get better, quibble free guarantees from them. There's a lot to consider before buying a tab. I shopped around for weeks before getting mine (a sanei n90 for £138 from mcbub by the way) but rather than be disappointed, or feel you've been ripped off, I would check out all markets. Give yourself a set of specs( such as I did above ) then go & see what's available at what price. See if people have had problems with the devices & if so, are they easily resolved. Then draw up a shortlist and try to find what you think is your best deal, either finacially, or practicality wise. Have fun searching and good luck whatever you choose.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Babahung

Apr 23, 2012
Hi there,
There are loads of good tabs that size. Firstly though, you need to know what you want to use it for. How much memory is needed, screen configuration, camera, connectivity, etc etc etc. & last but not least, how much do you want to pay?
Then ask where from? How long to wait for delivery etc.
If, like me you are on a tight budget I would suggest looking at the supporting vendors websites. These are chinese sellers but are pretty trustworthy & offer support once you've got your device. Thete are even cheaper alternatives but this is a bit of a lottery at times. Some say in stock when not, others send cheap alternetives to what you actually ordered but some are honest, you take yur chance.
With supported vendors you pay just a little more but get what you ordered, usually in shorter time.
Anyway, depending on money, here are a few things I would suggest you look for in a tab.
Capacitive screen with resolution at least 800x600 (the higher the better, ips if possible but not essential).
DDR ram memory 512+ (1gb is usual on bigger tabs).
Nandflash memory at least 8gb (again the higher the better).
Cpu 1ghz or higher.
Battery life around 5hrs or more.
1080hp video playback.
Camera ( if required).
Wifi & 3g support
Bluetooth support ( if required).

You can get all this from a chinese tablet from around £140 (220usd) but would pay at least £40 more from uk or 60usd from us markets.
If you have more money, you may want to buy a more well known, branded device. They're a lot more money & don't have much better specs than chinese, but you get better, quibble free guarantees from them. There's a lot to consider before buying a tab. I shopped around for weeks before getting mine (a sanei n90 for £138 from mcbub by the way) but rather than be disappointed, or feel you've been ripped off, I would check out all markets. Give yourself a set of specs( such as I did above ) then go & see what's available at what price. See if people have had problems with the devices & if so, are they easily resolved. Then draw up a shortlist and try to find what you think is your best deal, either finacially, or practicality wise. Have fun searching and good luck whatever you choose.

Thanks man !
yea i guess you are right, im actually on a tight budget too.
Any chinese tablet cost around £150 that u can suggest to me?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
There are a few out there. Here are some I looked at in no particular order(except the onda vi40 was my first choice but couldn't get hold of 16gb model in stock.

Ployer momo ll
Sanei n90
Yuandao( or window ) n90
Ampe a90
Cube u9gt
Bmorn v99
Teclast a10 or a15

There are more but I can't remember model numbers of them all but these are a few decent models. Most have similar or same specs some have twin 2.0mp cameras some only 2.0mp front & 0.3 rear( the onda has 5.0mp front which was why it was first choice. Some have 5 point multi touch screen, some 10 point. The sanei I chose also has bluetooth built-in & was the best for my needs at the right price. If you check chinese seller sites like pandawill, chinagrabber, aliexpress etc then go to supporting vendors & see how they compete. Like I said before, the non supporting vendors may be a little cheaper but you take a chance with them. Its your money after all. You don't have to listen to me.
I would recommend redtablets, spemall & mcbub. With any electronic goods there's always a risk but sometimes a gamble pays off & you're glad you did. Obviously if any of my advice is taken don't blame me if there's any problem but if you are gonna. Buy chinese I still recommend these guys over others. The choice is yours. Good luck again.

Apr 22, 2012
After mobiles with 1GB memory and dual core processor and most of their applications are bound to overlap. I suggest wait for a few more months to get an intermediate device with reasonable screen size and provision for bluetooth keypad and similar applications that will do the work of a tablet but will be more portable.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
just checked out redtabletspc.com site. They're offering 3 good tabs at the moment with a special offer of 30usd worth of accessories free with new order. That seems like a good deal at the moment. They have the onda vi40 ( my favourite) for just £149 or yuandao n90 for for around £130 or cube for £136. All good tabs but for them money id get the onda. It has more memory & a decent camera of 5mp for under £150. Choose your shipping method & all in that's around £165(including freebies-dont know what they are-maybe you can ask before ordering). Worth a look at least.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Sorry momoll not yuandao at £130, yuandao is £142 momo sounds like a very good deal. Maybe better than onda at nearly £20 cheaper.

Eallwealdend

Apr 15, 2012
Just bought an Onda vi40 myself and am more than impressed with it. It lacks Bluetooth but I don't really use it. There's no 3G but I tether it to my phone. It's excellent value for money and loads of my colleagues (IT lecturers) want one themselves. eBellking.com £158 delivered

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
i'd rather trust redtabletspc.com. I've heard a couple of dodgy tales about ebelking, maybe just bad /luck stories but support is better from redtablets.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Shippirng with dhl (3/ 5 days + processing) is only £16 or local airpost only £11. For the sake of a. Few /£ id rather trust redtablets I think. Its a good price all the same.

Babahung

Apr 23, 2012
thank you again bro, im now thinking about either onda vi40 or ployer momo11.

Juz saw a review by ColonelZap, it seems like the ployer momo11 bird edition performed better than the onda vi40.

What is the difference between 5 and 10 point multi touch screen anyway?

hoda

Apr 23, 2012
Normally 9.7inch with IPS panel , which is same as Ipad .
(Android4.0 1.2G CPU, 1G Ram,4G Flash)
we do produce one set around USD139.00 by the order of 500pcs . So you could buy one from retailer at around USD199.0

If you consdier 10.1inch (Android4.0 1.2G CPU, 1G Ram,4G Flash)

It just costs around USD108 by the order of 500pcs. you could buy one from retailer at around USD169.00

Both panel are capacitive ,just brightness are difference .

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
5 point touch is usually all you would need but 10 is better for fast typing, games etc. I don't use more than 3 touch for anything including games.