Looking For 10" 4.4 KitKat Tablet For Less Than $200

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
Last edited:

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
Hi Musing thanks for the help. Have you tried the LG or Levono? Kitkat really that good?

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
No, I don't have hands on experience with either LG or Lenovo but have friends who seem to be happy with them. I don't have any experience with KitKat either, my Asus TF201 has Jelly Bean. Perhaps, someone on this Board with more knowledge and expertise of android tablets will jump in with some advice.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I don't have any personal experience with either, but Lenovo and LG both make quality products. Since we never know if/when a manufacturer will update the software, I'd lean slightly toward the LG. To me, it makes sense to go with the latest software available at the time of purchase, but there were no major problems with 4.2 either. Before deciding, I'd Google both tablets and see what the reviews say about them. (BTW The 10% discount on that LG ends 10/6.)

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
Thanks for the reply Spider. The LG looks tempting and has a little better res screen. I will see what reviews I can find.

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
According to a review on the LG no HDMI out. :( That bums me out:
Connectivity

The LG G Pad 10.1 comes with a reasonable set of connectivity tools. So far there's a Wi-Fi only variant of the slate but perhaps LG will release an LTE option like it did with the 7-inch G Pad.
There's dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 (not high-speed), there's a GPS chip (no GLONASS) and an IR blaster that can control a TV (or other IR-supporting devices via an app). USB On-The-Go is supported. There is no wired TV-out functionality such as MHL or Slimport or a dedicated HDMI port.

There's no FM Radio on board the LG G Pad 10.1. Finally, there's a microSD card slot that supports cards of up to 64 GB.

What about this one? Seems to have good specs like the LG: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...32&skuId=7060010&st=tablets-122806&cp=1&lp=12

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If the lack of an HDMI port is what you're concerned about, Chromecast is a much better way to connect to your TV than cable. KitKat and Chromecast play very nicely together and with it you can wirelessly get videos, pictures etc. from the tablet to your PC just by tapping the Chromecast icon. Search the Android Tablet News Depot for several articles I've posted there regarding Chromecast.