Looking for a photo frame with mp3 screensaver

wuzjackal

Apr 25, 2012
Anyone know of a screensaver app, or live wallpaper, that will run as a photo frame slideshow for my jpg files and has the ability to play mp3s at the same time for when docked? It would be nice to have some options like auto-enable when charging and be able to select individual files and folders for slideshow and mp3 playback.

IsaNexusDev

May 11, 2012
Anyone know of a screensaver app, or live wallpaper, that will run as a photo frame slideshow for my jpg files and has the ability to play mp3s at the same time for when docked? It would be nice to have some options like auto-enable when charging and be able to select individual files and folders for slideshow and mp3 playback.

That's pretty nice idea, I'm the https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.isanexus.photoframelivewallpaper developper, I will implement that... to play music while displaying the photos will rock! ;) If you are interested, keep an eye on me or eMail me to [email protected] so I can say you when feature is ready... and, if you have more of these nice ideas please share them :p

wuzjackal

Apr 25, 2012
Thanks for implementing these options in the latest version. I gave the new version a try but it wouldnn't recognize my playlist created in the default Google music player on my Motorola Xoom. And when Photo Frame Live prompted me to open my default music player to create a playlist it just kept crashing. I really like the options to play music when docking and charging and the option to play randomly or play the playlist shuffled straight through before starting over. I think that was a great option.

But I was actually looking for an old-fashioned screensaver-type app, not live wallpaper, that would simply slideshow JPGs and play mp3s while docked for charging or when not being used. That way my tablet would act as an actual photo frame (without shortcuts and widgets on top of the pictures) only while it's charging in the dock. I just got my tablet a few weeks ago and figured there'd be a lot of apps like this around but haven't really been able to find any. It'd be great to find an app like this, preferrably with a decent level of customization for random and shuffling of JPGs and mp3s from a playlist, transition choices for the slide show (like fade out/in, swoop out/in, etc.), resize pictures on the fly, etc.

IsaNexusDev

May 11, 2012
Thanks for implementing these options in the latest version. I gave the new version a try but it wouldnn't recognize my playlist created in the default Google music player on my Motorola Xoom. And when Photo Frame Live prompted me to open my default music player to create a playlist it just kept crashing. I really like the options to play music when docking and charging and the option to play randomly or play the playlist shuffled straight through before starting over. I think that was a great option.

But I was actually looking for an old-fashioned screensaver-type app, not live wallpaper, that would simply slideshow JPGs and play mp3s while docked for charging or when not being used. That way my tablet would act as an actual photo frame (without shortcuts and widgets on top of the pictures) only while it's charging in the dock. I just got my tablet a few weeks ago and figured there'd be a lot of apps like this around but haven't really been able to find any. It'd be great to find an app like this, preferrably with a decent level of customization for random and shuffling of JPGs and mp3s from a playlist, transition choices for the slide show (like fade out/in, swoop out/in, etc.), resize pictures on the fly, etc.

Yeah, I have got some crash reports in my google developper console from phones without the Android Stock Music Application. I have fixed this so it wont crash anymore. "Not Supported" Message will appear instead of crash. For those phones without Android Stock Music Application, PhotoFrame Live Wallpaper will offer the FileManager (as is done at main settings screen in order to select images from filesystem or samba) to select folders with music (mp3, wav and ogg)... But this it is not done yet... I will do it Asap. Looks like the proposal you made at 1rst post was the correct approach (filemanager), but playlists are so powerfull.... well, lets keep the playlists for phones with Android Stock Music Application and Music Folder(s) for those phones without it... that's the best I can offer for the moment

About Screen Saver, I have this idea to launch PhotoFrame Live Wallpaper in mode Activity (you can do it already by double tapping the screen, wherever there is not an icon or widget, then you get an activity in the front that is meant for navigating the photos in the history and reading Info/comments). That new Activity would behave exactly the same as the background LiveWallpaper but on front of everything. I haven't give to this idea much priority, because I also understand that one of the Pages can be reserved empty for this purpose. I mean last page empty and when user want just to see the slide show then go to that last page... but yes, you are right that I'm missing the real activity (on the front) with same behavior as the background live wallpaper. Will do it right after implementing FileManager for folder(s) Music selection.

Lets say... 1 or couple of weeks for both things if you are still interested

IsaNexusDev

May 11, 2012
So, Motorola Xoom (and those phones/tables with no Stock Music Application) should be able to play music with new version:

v6.5.1 - Music from folders when no Stock Music App
v6.5 - Music playing while docked/charging (Playlists)

That's a fast solution

IsaNexusDev

May 11, 2012
Heh, I said 2 weeks but I already have done, I expect not many crashes doing it this fast :)

V6.5.2 - Double Tapping the screen appears a new Button for entering in FullScreen + OnTop + Animations Between photos. Animations: Fade, 3DFlip, SlideLeft and SlideRight (Random at the moment)
v6.5.1 - Music from folders when no Stock Music App
v6.5 - Music playing while docked/charging (Playlists)

TODO:

* Activity listed at Applications that will launch just the OnTop Version of the Slide Show (So, it is not necessary to have PhotoFrameLive Wallpaper set as Live Wallpaper)
* ContextMenu For this activity in order to launch Application Settings, Application Music Settings and Choose Live Wallpaper
* Let User Choose at settings between No animations/Random animations/Specific Animation
* Let User set KeepScreenON while OnTop Activity is running (Docked/Charging/Always)
* Maybe some more animations (2D rotation, other Slides, other fadings as box fade...)

Any Other Ideas?

IsaNexusDev

May 11, 2012
$photo7-6.png $photo8.png

Here it is, from version v6.5.5 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.isanexus.photoframelivewallpaper :rolleyes:

Last edited: