Looking for a tablet around $300.

Ace159

Feb 7, 2012
I'm a college student and do a lot of work with my internship. I need something I can bring around and use to manage a lot of my documents and school/work files. Also want one that has some fun features. I don't really know much about tablets but I love the android os. My budget is $300, will go over just a little if necessary. Thanks Guys

keboobi

Jan 23, 2012
Hey there take a look at Amazon or Wal-Mart for the lepan II. it's around 280, and for the money it can't be beat. On this forum head over to the lepan specific area lots of helpful people there.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Plus one on the LePan 2, the LePan 3 with upgraded hardware is also due out this year but no one knows when or how much, and there is the Vizio Vtab 3010 also due out this year with unknow price or release date. But if you are looking for a good tablet at the less than 300 price the Lepan is probably the best next to the Vizio Vtab 1008.
Know this about the LePan, it has no usb access. The Vizio 1008 does. LePan2 has a 9.7 inch screen, the Vizio 1008 is a 8 inch screen.

mikespe

May 18, 2011
Refurbished Acer Iconia A500's are about $280 from several places including Walmart.com. I got mine there & it's AMAZING! Also check the Acer Iconia A200...same as the A500 but no HDMI out...a bit more than you asked ($350)

BostonDan2

Feb 7, 2012
I just picked up the Acer a200 at Bestbuy for 299 They price matched my local microcenter that was out of stock. I think I overheard the BB manager say that it is going on sale next week at that price, but it was a whisper and I'm not positive I heard correctly.

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
although i dont have a lepan II nor have i seen it, i've read quite a few positive reviews online and thinking of getting it this month. its nearly identical in size to ipad 2 (which is 7.3×0.4×9.5 WDH, while le pan II is 7.4x0.5x9.3 WDH), and that makes it really convenient in finding suitable cases. you can use all the ipad 2 sleeves & other ipad 2 cases that don't require exact precision to fit (probably not book cases though).

May 3, 2011
If you are considering China Android tablets, my forst choice would be the Tegra 2. With a 40 NM process at 1GHz and dual cores it is the fastest mobile chipset available in the Android tablet market today. Built on the A9 architecture it comes standard with Android 3.0 "Honeycomb" 1280 x 800 resolution, 1GB DDR 2 RAM, 8 GB Nand Flash and 32 GB expandable memory via a TF card slot. The inclusion of its NVIDIA GeForce GPU or 3D accelerator sets it apart form other tablets in the field. The GPU allows for game-console quality graphics; crisp, fluid 1080P HD video playback and quick and nimble web browsing. You can also get this model with 3G that allows for Phone calls and SMS text messaging...In my opinion the 3G is definitely worth the few extra bucks. Price at or just about $300, this one is hard to beat.

My other choice would be the Boxchip Allwinner A10 that claims a maximum frequency of 1.5GHz, but actually clocks at 1.1GHz without overclocking. Built on the Cortex A8 core this tablet has some impressive highlights as well. Some of those include Flash 10.x, the ability to upgrade to Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" as well as it's own onboard GPU via ARM Mali-400. This chipset supports DDR 3 RAM giving it an additional speed boost and you can find this tablet in both 7 inch (800 x 400 resolution) and 10 inch (1024 x 600 resolution). You can't go wrong for under $200! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]