Looking for a tablet as a gift for mom

ezziriah

Jul 21, 2011
I currently on 1st Gen iPad 16gb, and a Galaxy Tab. My mom loves my little tablets and really love to get her one soon. But I don't want to spend as much money as I'm not sure she'll use it in the extent I do. Any Suggestions on what to buy? I want something that's able to use the android market cause granny sure loves her games. So want something that's able to download just about any game.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Android Tablet Forum

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
If she wants one with as few issues as possible, the original galaxy tab has really dropped in price, and yes, it is still selling, I saw it at radio shack and best buy for around 350 bucks.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

ezziriah

Jul 21, 2011
Is that the one I have? I have the 7 inch p100

gzigoris

Jul 22, 2011
If you want to take advantage of the $100.00 coupon at Staples(Walmart will comp the coupon) you can get a nice Acer A500 for less than $300.00. If it doesn't have 3.1 it will update as soon as you get it. I have had one for about 5 days now and really having fun with it.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Is that the one I have? I have the 7 inch p100

I believe so. Its the first official 7 inch tablet running Android that came out (with full Market and everything)

As to spending that money on her, its not like she's done anything for you, except GIVE BIRTH TO YOU :p

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
My wife and I are both relatively happy with our Vizio VTAB1008s. (In fact: She uses hers more than I use mine.) $300 and change at Costco.

Jim

D

dvdcatalyst

I currently on 1st Gen iPad 16gb, and a Galaxy Tab. My mom loves my little tablets and really love to get her one soon. But I don't want to spend as much money as I'm not sure she'll use it in the extent I do. Any Suggestions on what to buy? I want something that's able to use the android market cause granny sure loves her games. So want something that's able to download just about any game.

Get a NOOKcolor, and install CM7 on it (or get a N2A SD card so she can dual-boot)

The NC is a 7" tablet, and is very popular for modding, it even ran Honeycomb before the Xoom was on the market :)

Retail they run at $250, but with some digging, you should be able to get under the $200 mark. Specs are very impressive for that price.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
IMO the original Galaxy Tab is way, way overpriced. You get outdated hardware for a slightly lower price than the current-generation tablets.

For example, the Acer Iconia A500 that was mentioned. Under $300 and you get twice the processing power, access to Tegra-based games (there are quite a few good ones (like Sprinkle)), way more RAM, a bigger screen, thinner, and overall a much better tablet (it even has a USB port). Either that, or the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer - $399.99 from Staples, with the coupon $299.99 - and for $100-150 more you can get a Keyboard Dock which adds a battery, two USB ports, a full SD card slot, and, of course; a keyboard.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011

Ok, this one seems can meet your requirement: 7 inch Capacitive Screen Google Android 2.3 Tablet PC with SAMSUNG S5PV210 Processor 3D Game WiFi - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
welcome!:)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Check out the nook color if she likes the 7" size,she can subscribe to her favourite magazines and get lots of games apps from Barnes & Noble. The price is good, $ 249.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum