looking for a tablet that can show photos without needing to import them...

hsel

Nov 21, 2012
hi everyone,
i have a sony s tablet (2011 model) that can show photos directly from sd card, meaning that photos can be easily seen without importing them, however the dealbreaker is its multi-touch... tablet is prone to show next photo when photos are zoomed...
i am looking for a tablet that can show photos without importing (unlike ipad) and has a better screen and multi-touch ability....

is nexus 10 ok for my needs? i know i need micro usb to sd reader adapter, but it is ok...
any other tablet recommendations ???
thanks....

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The Nexus 10 would be a good choice but if you decided on something like the ASUS TF700 Infinity you would get the microSD slot and the high resolution. It may be that you could do what you are talking about with your Sony by changing apps. Have you tried QuickPic?

hsel

Nov 21, 2012
thanks leeshor...
i downloaded quickpic, it looks great... however i am now sure that it is about multi-touch. while i am navigating on zoomed image with one finger, it sometimes zooms out the picture :(
asus tf700 looks good... i am very new to android. is asus tf700 upgradable to android 4.2? i could not upgrade my sony s tablet to 4.2, it is 4.0.3....

Welcome to the forum

The Nexus 10 would be a good choice but if you decided on something like the ASUS TF700 Infinity you would get the microSD slot and the high resolution. It may be that you could do what you are talking about with your Sony by changing apps. Have you tried QuickPic?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yes, the TF700 will get 4.2. It's a well supported tablet and I do feel it would suit your needs. On the multi touch zoom issue I've seen that before but I have no idea what triggers it. Not just in photo viewers either.