Looking for a tablet with 3G

gino_76ph

Nov 3, 2010
hi there

i was scouring the net when i found many potential iPad and Galaxy tab competitors.

but there are too many of them. and mostly re-branded Indian or Chinese ones.

i also noticed that there is a common theme running amongst the companies that are coming out with these tablets. and that is built-in 3G & HSDPA
i.e. the ability of not just to surf the net anywhere but to make those important calls as well. and more!

the iPAd started it. followed by the Galaxy Tab. (albeit the "premium" price tag)

IMO the crucial period is the time between Android 2.2 and the next OS version, when more and more companies are embracing the technology and coming out with its its 1st and 2nd gen models. and how Google will embrace these tablets.

so, i'm looking for sugestions for an Android (2.1 or 2.2) tablet that's not just good for surfing the net (with good "low to mid-end" spec) but also with built-in 3G/HSDPA card capability in them.

my initial specs requirements must be:
7"
microSD port
front and rear cameras
external speakers
full Flash and HTML
full Google Android Market support
Divx/Xvid, AVI & MKV compatibility
MP3 & Flac compatibility
GPS or A-GPS
3G/HSDPA SIM card slot
G-sensor, light/proximity sensor, accelermoter
bluetooth 2.1 with EDR
multitouch and pinch-to-zoom capability
some form of OpenGL/3D graphics accelerator capabilty

or is it worth getting one with 3G capability (via a 3G SIM card from your network) to "help" you when you are travelling to a diferrent country or would a plain wi-fi would do?

i would love to have tablets in my pocket. when travelling to a different country with the missus or out and about on the coutryside or just at home really. would you bother with the hastle of opening up your laptop bag and with your laptop during airport security checks or just with a small 7" tablet?

should i wait till more 2.2 devices come out? beyond the new year or wait till 3.0 OS tablets comes out?

any advice and sugestions please?????

please help......