Looking for a tablet

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by steve95, Sep 29, 2011.

1. steve95

steve95 Member

Looking for a tablet for a 10 year old. Needs flash support and usb. Leaning towards the Ibex Flytouch 3 but I have a problem ordering from China. Looking to spend around the 200.00 range. Any suggestions would be appreciated

2. androidguy

androidguy Member

Electronic Dealz has superpads ii / fly touch iii for under $200 with free shipping. Local US based seller. I believe the ePad there is $179.

3. hanabaam

hanabaam Member

Tablet / Device:
    Android Tablets 2.2
    Well There are many tablets in that range.!Most of the Tablet which are available in that range are OEM brands. Since i myself being a tablet supplier and drop shipper, i would like to highlight 2 positive and negative points that you should consider before buying

Positive
    - You can get Flash and other USB support in that price range
    - They are worth buying due to many features like Dongler support, USB, LAN Port
    - It can fulfill your daily needs like Skype, Surfing, social media, songs GPS, and movies. But don't expect high gaming experience.

Negative
    - Menu interface in most of OEM brands are little laggy. But they are ignorable.
    - Many Tablet have wifi problem. So confirm this problem before buying.

Here are the pics of 10" Android tab that i recently send to my friend at UK which comes under price range of 200$

$sharing.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  4. yasmine3384

yasmine3384 Member

Tablet / Device:
    craig 7inch touch screen tablet
    is the criag android 2.2 7inch touch screen tablet good for a 14 year old?

5. donmcdougall

donmcdougall Member

You know it deends n what you want the tablet for. Mine is for work, so the Transofrmer with the long batery life works for me. If you want for a kid any of the 7 inchers will do. I wanted the most current operating system so 3.21 and a little extra cash. Look at your needs there is more than one right choice.

6. Androidicus

Androidicus Member

Tablet / Device:
    Gome Flytouch 2 (SuperPad)
    When it comes to true Adobe Flash support, video and web-based games, I would avoid the Flytouch tablets because they just do not have the hardware needed for good game/browsing performance.

If you want your kid to have a good experience, you are (most likely) going to have to spend the money on something that has at least a Tegera 2 (Dual Core) and at least, 512MB of RAM (Most T2s ship with 1 GB on the brand name tablets) like the Samsung Galaxy, Xoom, etc... Or a 7" tablet with the same hardware specs.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  7. Flytouch

Flytouch Member

Tablet / Device:
    U10GT
  8. Androidicus

Androidicus Member

Tablet / Device:
    Gome Flytouch 2 (SuperPad)
    I know I'm probably going to become a thorn in a lot of vendors sides in this particular forum :p ...

But I cannot stress enough how Flytouch tablets are not powerful enough for full Flash support (video, games). I own one, so this is first-hand experience.

If users want good performance from games and video, I recommend investing in a tablet that has at least a ducal core processor since this is what Adobe themselves recommend for optimal Flash performance.

9. SpeMall.com

SpeMall.com Senior Member

10. tumpy

tumpy Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Elocity A7
    archos brand is a name to consider, never buy a tablet with 256 mb ram. before you spend your money visit J&r website they are located here in nyc you have a wide variety of tablet ranging from $100 - $1000...

11. wholesaleepad

wholesaleepad Member

Tablet / Device:
    flytouch 3
    why you would like to get flytouch 3,that is resistive touch pad ,i suggest you get a capcacitive one