Looking for advice...

Discussion in 'Archos Tablets' started by jmyers, Apr 8, 2011.

  1. jmyers

    jmyers Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2011
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    62
    Location:
    oHIo
    Hello -

    I have an Archos 70 IT, So far I am enjoying the tablet. Internal GPS and 512 RAM would make it even better, but what can you do. Anyway, I also have an Android phone that I have rooted and setup as an Ad-hoc access point. As you all undoubtedly know and I found out, Androids can only see infrastructure AP out of the box.

    I have read through countless threads on my rooting options and how to enable ad-hoc APs. I am at a loss as to what to do. I have installed the Archangel app and have a pseudo root. What is my best option from here?

    This is what I want to achieve;

    I have WiFi at home and work and 90% of my tablet use will be in either of those two spots. The other 10% is waiting on the kids to finish up with Karate or on a lunch break, etc.. I don't want to have to reconfigure my connections after every use of my mobile AP. Is there a easy way to switch back and forth or a way to have it search for my Work, Home and then mobile?

    Looking to the experts for solid advice!

    thanks
     
  2. Bilgediver

    Bilgediver Member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2010
    Messages:
    163
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    87
    Location:
    VA
    Tablet / Device:
    Archos 70 250 GB, Nook Color, Motorola Droid2Global, Droid 1
    I'm assuming you didn't figure out Bluetooth tethering?

    I got my archos online by Bluetooth until I used the Motorola data hack on my droid2global phone (found in the Droid 2 forums at droidforums.net)


    Sent from my A70H using Android Tablet Forum
     
  3. jmyers

    jmyers Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2011
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    62
    Location:
    oHIo
    I have not spent any time trying to use Bluetooth. I have heard that it is an option, but slower and may drain the phone battery fast. That said I think I will do some searching and figure out how to give it a go. I can air my Phone and Tablet, but they don't connect for anything!
     

Share This Page