Looking for advice...

jmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Hello -

I have an Archos 70 IT, So far I am enjoying the tablet. Internal GPS and 512 RAM would make it even better, but what can you do. Anyway, I also have an Android phone that I have rooted and setup as an Ad-hoc access point. As you all undoubtedly know and I found out, Androids can only see infrastructure AP out of the box.

I have read through countless threads on my rooting options and how to enable ad-hoc APs. I am at a loss as to what to do. I have installed the Archangel app and have a pseudo root. What is my best option from here?

This is what I want to achieve;

I have WiFi at home and work and 90% of my tablet use will be in either of those two spots. The other 10% is waiting on the kids to finish up with Karate or on a lunch break, etc.. I don't want to have to reconfigure my connections after every use of my mobile AP. Is there a easy way to switch back and forth or a way to have it search for my Work, Home and then mobile?

Looking to the experts for solid advice!

thanks

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
I'm assuming you didn't figure out Bluetooth tethering?

I got my archos online by Bluetooth until I used the Motorola data hack on my droid2global phone (found in the Droid 2 forums at droidforums.net)

Sent from my A70H using Android Tablet Forum

jmyers

Jan 26, 2011
I have not spent any time trying to use Bluetooth. I have heard that it is an option, but slower and may drain the phone battery fast. That said I think I will do some searching and figure out how to give it a go. I can air my Phone and Tablet, but they don't connect for anything!