Looking for an inexpensive tablet.

elash99

Aug 7, 2012
I'm looking to buy a tablet. I have laptops and a desktop but I'd like a tablet by my bed. I'm an author and I get ideas in my sleep at times (I do) and thought it would be wonderful to take out a tablet and record my ideas. I assume a tablet that has a built-in microphone is capable of that. Am I correct?

I am looking for something inexpensive ($100+ I was hoping) and portable. I was gearing to buy the Coby 7035 tablet but then I discovered it isn't compatible with Google Play or the Android Market. I want to be able to download apps both for my writing and games. To top it off I'm Canadian and it sounds like that might make certain apps unavailable. Any suggestions?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Hi and welcome to the forum, for a inexpensive 7 inch tablet I can only recommend a ICOO D50. Amazon.com: Used and New: HD-Design D50 Lite A13 Version Android 4.0 (ICE CREAM SANDWICH) Tablet PC 7 Inch 4GB Camera Flash Player 11.1 Super Slim Ultra Thin Epad Apad Superpad Tablet PC with HD Responsive Capacitive Screen Compatible with Youtube /

or there is a 8 gig model which is the model I buy.

Amazon.com: Used and New: Icoo D50 Power Saving 7-inch All Winner A13 Cortex A8 Android 4.0 OS 8GB Tablet PC

This is a different buyer than I normaly go through, but it is in the same price range for HD Designs 8 gig unit.
I have bought three of the D50s from (HD Design) this seller and everyone has been a great little machine. I would let you know that while Netflix will load on these tablets it does not run well. If Netflix is not a issue for you then this tablet is a winner. It comes with ICS 4.0.3 and the Play Store already on board. The prices with HD Design have been dropping which just keeps me amazed.
It ships from HongKong and they always arive weeks before they say. Every time I rate this company I have to give them a 5 star.
Best of luck to you.
And again, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi elash, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I'm looking to buy a tablet. I have laptops and a desktop but I'd like a tablet by my bed. I'm an author and I get ideas in my sleep at times (I do) and thought it would be wonderful to take out a tablet and record my ideas. I assume a tablet that has a built-in microphone is capable of that. Am I correct?

I am looking for something inexpensive ($100+ I was hoping) and portable. I was gearing to buy the Coby 7035 tablet but then I discovered it isn't compatible with Google Play or the Android Market. I want to be able to download apps both for my writing and games. To top it off I'm Canadian and it sounds like that might make certain apps unavailable. Any suggestions?

Hi elash99, welcome to the forum!
You can take a look at the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora, it's a 7 inch android 4.0 tablet PC with high resolution LG IPS screen and can meet all your demands, it's on sale for ONLY $138.99 shipped! welcome to order! :)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
hi, for an all round high spec but inexpensive tablet i recommend this one from a trusted supplier i use who is also a supporting vendor on the forum so after sales help is only a click away this tab has a dual core cpu, ideal for watching movies/playing games etc. there is plenty of memory plus you can add more via micro sd card. it has a capacitive screen which is a must for users these days & comes from a genuine branded seller. the supplier is very reliable, friendly and honest, if this tab is not for you check out their site & i'm sure you will find something that will suit your needs. good luck.

Ramos W17 Pro Tablet PC 7 inch Capacitive Android 4.0 Cortex A9 Dual Core Ramos W17 Pro Tablet PC 7 inch Capacitive Android 4.0 Cortex A9 Dual Core [W17PRO] - $119.00 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

mugglesquop

Jul 30, 2012
hi, for an all round high spec but inexpensive tablet i recommend this one from a trusted supplier i use

YOU are the trusted supplier, dont make it sound like you are a customer when you are not.

who is also a supporting vendor on the forum so after sales help is only a click away

PandaWill is also a 'Supporting Vendor', yet you slated them in another post saying there customer service and aftercare was crap.

this tab has a dual core cpu, ideal for watching movies/playing games etc. there is plenty of memory plus you can add more via micro sd card. it has a capacitive screen which is a must for users these days & comes from a genuine branded seller. the supplier is very reliable, friendly and honest, if this tab is not for you check out their site & i'm sure you will find something that will suit your needs. good luck.

but if you want to make notes i would suggest a larger screen. It will also be easier to see when you are half asleep :)

antonylewar

Mar 12, 2012
Coby Kyros 7″ Android Tablet in one of the best tablet under $100 with all the latest features. It costs just $94.92.

Last edited: