Looking for Android Tablet for my kids!!!

DJ520

May 7, 2012
Hello to everyone. After weeks of looking all over the internet for tablets for my kids I ended up more confused than I was at the beginning. Here is the issue... I own a DroidX phone. My kids love the games I have downloaded for them. My wife recently purchased an Ipad2 in order to communicate better with her sister using "FaceTime". Sadly the kids wont leave the Ipad alone and mommy wants to find alternate means of entertainment. My boys are 2 and 4 yrs old and they navigate through my phone and my wife's Ipad better than we do.

Here is what we are looking for:

7 inch Tablet
Google Play store compatible
Good battery life
4-16 GB of memory (expandable is an option)
Main purpose is for games so need a good processor.

Not to into the whole Android 2.0 or 4.0. To be perfectly honest I dont know the difference. Really could use your help. Have a trip coming up soon and I need to purchase the tablets asap. Looking for any advise or reccomendations. Please feel free to school me about any and all android related specs.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
What is your price range?
If Google play is a must forget about the KindleFire, however there are members that say the Nook Color with a little work will do what you need, not sure what the specks are so good game play may be in question.
This is probably more than you want to pay, but this tablet would be a good unit Amazon.com: toshiba thrive 7 inch , sadly for a little more you could buy another IPad 2.
Best of luck.

Maybe one of the members that knows more about the Nook Color thing will stop by and chime in.

DJ520

May 7, 2012
Hello to everyone. After weeks of looking all over the internet for tablets for my kids I ended up more confused than I was at the beginning. Here is the issue... I own a DroidX phone. My kids love the games I have downloaded for them. My wife recently purchased an Ipad2 in order to communicate better with her sister using "FaceTime". Sadly the kids wont leave the Ipad alone and mommy wants to find alternate means of entertainment. My boys are 2 and 4 yrs old and they navigate through my phone and my wife's Ipad better than we do.

7 inch Tablet
Good battery life

Not to into the whole Android 2.0 or 4.0. To be perfectly honest I dont know the difference. Really could use your help. Have a trip coming up soon and I need to purchase the tablets asap. Looking for any advise or reccomendations. Please feel free to school me about any and all android related specs.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel
Max Price 120-130 USD

jiveturkee

Sep 17, 2011
Nook Color is going for $129 refurbished on B&N. If you root it, it's a nice little tablet. My son uses it for games and for educational apps and his shows on Netflix. Solid tablet.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Nook Color is a pretty solid choice and you can also find used ones for around $100 on ebay or Craig's List. The Vizio Vtab can be found for about $170 with similar specs to the Nook color but an 8" instead of 7" screen. The Nook Tablet and Kindle Fire are a step up in performance for not much in additional cost though other tablets start to come into consideration at the $250+ price range.

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012

7 inch Tablet
Good battery life

If you surf around...you will spoilt of choices.
I will work out with budget.
- Go for refurb android device.

Price doesn't matter:
- Go for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Good system with low cost:
- Asus memo will be coming soon.(IDK when)

That will the range for 7 inch tab.

If the Tab meant for games. To be sincere to you. Go for iPad..but it costly.

This is my opinion, others may be vary.
Good to go with your budget.

Best wish to you.

TapaTalking on Tabphone 7.7 P6800

Ben_J_H

May 6, 2012

7 inch Tablet
Good battery life

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Galaxy tab 7.0 plus. I got one for 250 on sale! You can find good deals if you look.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
There was something one member said about the Nook Color and. Special SD card that will allow it to boot in to Android and work as a Android tablet.
Don't know anything else about it but she might still drop in and comment.
Don't remember her name here but she seemed to know a bit about this and with her help the Nook Color might be a good option.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There was something one member said about the Nook Color and. Special SD card that will allow it to boot in to Android and work as a Android tablet.
Don't know anything else about it but she might still drop in and comment.
Don't remember her name here but she seemed to know a bit about this and with her help the Nook Color might be a good option.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Or I can help with Nook questions if you decide to go that route :D A little tinkering is required to get the most out of your Nook but we have guides and personal assistance if you come look here Nook we will get that squared away no problem.

JP

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi DJ520, welcome to the forum, you can also have a look at the Zenithink C71 for $119.99 shipped in our site. it has good reputation on the forum, definitely can meet your demands. and the Ainol novo 7 Paladin for $97.99 will also be good choice for your children. Both of them are come with android 4.0 ICS, and with good CPU... hope you can finally find what you want! :)

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
A rooted Nook color is a good choice. My son, thanks to a special member here, just got the Nook tablet and after I pried it away from him long enough to look it over I can say there is indeed a nice increase in performance with the Nook tablet. I'm really curious to see how it performs rooted.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
http://www.redtabletpc.com/ramos-w1...ive-android-40-cortex-a9-dual-core_p2679.html
Hi , I recommend you at least check this tab out, ramos are well known brand, redtabletpc.com is a supporting vendor on this forum & as such you can expect good post-sale help & advice from them ( or other forum users). Choices of post suiting cost/speed etc. No oem copy rubbish tabs. With a dual core cpu its well up to coping with games/websurfing/movies etc. There is nothing to lose in looking.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Are there any that are fairly indistructible? My granddaughter is turning 6 and she is ADHD.