Looking for Android Tablet for my kids!!!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Runner said:
Perhaps the Archos Childpad will suit your needs? Supposed to be out this month

Archos Arnova 7-inch Child Pad hands-on (video) -- Engadget

Daughter wanst her to have the LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer, which at first glance does not look like a good deal. It runson AAA batteries and apps are pretty expensive. But Granddaughter is apparently pretty computer savvy and has ordered games on the family pc.

Apr 12, 2012
do a search for kids tablets.... There are a whole bunch of nice ones coming out this fall....

For the father, why don't you look on ebay for a good working droid x or two.... you can download the games via wifi.... watch movies etc on netflix..... I think for that age, unless you go with one of the kids tabs, would be a lot sturdier. I had a cheap coby kyros for my 4y, but it lasted about 6 months....

Fkha

May 18, 2012
Ainol Novo 7" Mars($99) or Aurora($157) 8gb Android tablet may be a good one. Battery life over 5 hrs. My Daughter(5 yrs old) browsing without any hiccup and watch any format video clips without any problem. One Draw back, no English manual, only Chinese. Anyway, it should be self experience and straight forward by navigating thru. Nowadays, 3 and up are born to fly with touch pad. Just shows the kids once, they can navigate by their own. IPAD is too painful to drop to the ground. Frank

kmc2770

May 18, 2012
Wow those sound like great tablets for me right now. I need one for college. I am a full time student online and all my books are ebooks through my school. I need to go into Google Play to download the Android app for my school in order to see it all easier. Can these tablets load from Google Play and can I get a PDF reader on them too. Don't want bells and whistles yet, just basic needs for college. thanks.