Looking for App to connect external Garmin GPS to Android tablet

jotajotagon

Apr 14, 2011
Hello,
I am looking for an Android app (and/or driver) that allows me to connect an external USB GPS (Garmin GPS Map60CS) to a standard 7" tablet (Android 2.1), which has USB host capabilities.

The purpose of this is to be able to upload/download tracks and waypoints to/from my GPS while travelling. This would be great because would enable me to travel without laptop but tablet !

As an example, there is a similar solution for Windows CE phones and serial GPS´s, which I have used many times: G7toWin
G7ToWin

Another solution would be to connect a USB-to-Serial dongle to the tablet, and (hopefully) this could be connected by RS232 to the Garamin GPS. But an app is needed anyway.

If someone can point a solution or suggestion, I would be very happy.
Thank you very much.

beachbum

Aug 21, 2011
I've been searching for days with no luck. Looks like my new Asus TF will not be able to connect to my Garmin Forrunner 305.

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
I just connected my Garmin 62s to my Acer Iconia A500 tablet via usb and can read its tracks on ESFile Explorer. I can copy the tracks to my tablet and even use them in apps like GaiaGPS.
I don't think you can do that with an older gps like the 60cs though and you need a tablet with a full usb port.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

pfr19681

Aug 1, 2011
Hi,

that should work with Garmin open caching. It's available in the market.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum