Looking for Help Creating System Dump for 7048

Tesardd

Nov 12, 2012
I believe the system is rooted. I have Superuser installed and when I run apps (like Busybox) it asks if I want to run it as root user. However, when I followed the adb scripts specified for other devices the output files had 0kb size. I noticed this was a problem in another thread for the 7042, and it ended up being an issue with not having root permission. I logged into ADB shell, initiated su, which seemed to work, but for some reason the output files are not working.

Ultimately I want to try messing around with the files to correct the "not compatible with this version" error in the play store, but I want to backup first. I created a backup using ADB before, but then realized that was not the same as a system dump. I have exported my build.prop file, and I have the XML files provided by Traveller1701 to install into the etc/permissions/ directory. But again, I want to create a system dump in case something goes wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
adb shell

su

mkdir /sdcard/dump

busybox tar -cvzf /sdcard/dump/7048_system.tar /system

cat /dev/mtd/mtd6 > /sdcard/dump/recovery.img

cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 > /sdcard/dump/boot.img

cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 > /sdcard/dump/system.img

If you are interested in during some beta testing with cw recovery and a update.zip to fix the playstore compatibility send me a pm, might not get back to til this weekend.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This is open beta for 7048 recovery

7048_recovery_root_gapps.zip

extract 7048_recovery_root_gapps.zip to your desktop you have two zips

7048_recovery_signed.zip

8048_root_gapps_signed.zip

place on your sdcard boot into recovery.

adb shell

su

reboot recovery

or you can download quickboot from playstore and use it to boot into recovery

once in recovery use recovery to navigate to 7048_recovery_signed.zip and install

reboot to system

reboot into recovery you should be in cw recovery.

make a backup

install 8048_root_gapps_signed.zip

reboot to system

if playstore isn't better reboot into recovery and do a factory reset this time you should be in cw recovery.

note after factory reset it can take a while to boot.

you can enter recovery by turning tablet off then turn on press and hold volume down.

Note don't modify build.prop on these telechips tablets, modifying build.prop will cause loop of death, these aren't allwinner tablets, the edits made to allwinner build.props wont work on telechips build.prop.

Last edited:

acidburn23

Dec 3, 2012
did you see the system dump of 7048? i downloded that and i don't know how to reflash heheehe xD

martin73x

Dec 13, 2012
did you see the system dump of 7048? i downloded that and i don't know how to reflash heheehe xD

I could reflash (boot.img + recover.img + system.img) via fastboot but the 2nd internal memory still is not mounted and now the touchscreen doesn't function.