Looking for help with a D2Pad

Black4rrow

Jan 27, 2013
I'd like to start by saying that I'm not computer illiterate, however, I've never used an andriod or a tablet before, so in looking in other posts on the topic I couldn't really understand what was happening. I have 3 main problems with my device (d2-pad 512 mb of RAM model) the first being that whenever I try to download something from the 1mobile app store, the download will come up, but it will just say "download unsuccessful", even though my wifi is working as I have tested it through the browser. My second problem is that I want to use the Googleplay app store but it seems that d2pad's are not registered with the app store so I would have to crack it somehow? I'm comfortable with cracking it as long as I'm provided with good instructions, I just don't even know where to start. My third problem is that from what I've read I need to access my tablet through my computer to be able to do anything with it, however I can't find the driver necessary for it to work, I can only get it to show up as a mass storage device, and fiddle with files directly.

If any clarifications are needed, feel free to ask and I'll respond whenever I see it, and thank you to anyone who is able to help me, in advance! I just want to be able to use the tablet I bought. :(

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Black4rrow and welcome. You need to get yourself a Gmail account then you can register your tablet for Google Play. You'll need a credit card to register but you don't have to purchase anything unless you find an App worthwhile. There are a lot of free Apps available. Your tablet will be treated like a mass storage device so you can drag and drop files so you can access them on your tablet. There are some file managers you can use that can access files via wireless from your PC. You must understand your tablet is a stand alone device so it cannot interact directly with another computer like your PC unless you use an App like Splashtop which allows you to directly control your PC from your tablet. I hope these explanations help somewhat although they are far from exhaustive. Please feel free to ask additional questions here on the forum. Enjoy!

Black4rrow

Jan 27, 2013
Hi Black4rrow and welcome. You need to get yourself a Gmail account then you can register your tablet for Google Play. You'll need a credit card to register but you don't have to purchase anything unless you find an App worthwhile. There are a lot of free Apps available. Your tablet will be treated like a mass storage device so you can drag and drop files so you can access them on your tablet. There are some file managers you can use that can access files via wireless from your PC. You must understand your tablet is a stand alone device so it cannot interact directly with another computer like your PC unless you use an App like Splashtop which allows you to directly control your PC from your tablet. I hope these explanations help somewhat although they are far from exhaustive. Please feel free to ask additional questions here on the forum. Enjoy!
Thanks for the response, and more than anything I'd either like to get it so that the error where it says download unsuccessful from the 1mobile store, or get googleplay on my tablet so I can use apps from there, because I just want somewhere to get apps from. The problem with the registering for googleplay thing is that googleplay is not ON my d2pad, and I don't know how to get it on. :/

Robyski

Mar 14, 2012
Black4rrow,

I believe both the D2 and DII tablets also have the Amazon App Store on them. It's better than the 1Mobile market. Check you APPS. You can also register/create an account on Amazon to download apps. Amazon doesn't have all of the same Google Play apps, but most of the popular ones are there.

What model/serial number do you have. As you've probably seen on this forum, there are several different D2 models with different software/hardware configs. You can check the D2pad.info website for more specifics.

What Operating System does your computer run? The drivers to detect your D2 pad are Operating System specific.

Robyski

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
That's not true, only windows requires drivers, linux and os x both work without external drivers.