Looking Into Purchasing 10" Tablet

blairbsb

Sep 1, 2012
I'm trying to purchase a tablet that is good for games for grandson and also capable of checking my emails and getting online when not at home near my computer. I do not understand how these work on line (if internet service is not when I am away from home). I have a phone that allows me internet access, but the screen is so small and I am trying to get a tablet with a larger screen. Any suggestions? Thanks, Beverly

andolf

Sep 2, 2012
Good Day from Australia!
Have a look at www.*************** - many many to choose from
You can always get an e-mail address fro GMail. That is easy to configure. Then you get your mail over the internet browser.
Easy. I bought a 10" Superpad for $100 (our dollars!:) with Android 2.2.3 - the latest Android is version 4... to my understanding. If you only need a big screen and play around with it - this superpad willdo - came even with a GPS antenna --- but no Bluetooth.
Choose carefully but do not pay a lot of money for something you will not use!

kingbrowne

Apr 24, 2012
I'm trying to purchase a tablet that is good for games for grandson and also capable of checking my emails and getting online when not at home near my computer. I do not understand how these work on line (if internet service is not when I am away from home). I have a phone that allows me internet access, but the screen is so small and I am trying to get a tablet with a larger screen. Any suggestions? Thanks, Beverly

I would recommend you take a look at the nexus 7. This is a 7 inch tablet which makes it very potable being able to slip into most handbags. It is reasonably price and comes fully loaded out of the box ready for action.

Tables access the internet through a system called wi-fi. This is obtain by using a wireless modem / router that normally brings in adsl to your computer. Alternately, some telephone can be made into a hot spot that provides the wifi capabilities

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Well Beverly, since I grew up in MS and my Dad and one sister live in Jackson I'll chime in with my .02. You said 10" so I would rule out the Nexus as there is a huge difference between the 7" and 10" particularly if your eyes are anything like mine. ;)

I would look at the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 or the ASUS Infinity or Transformer 300. Both have an optional keyboard dock that adds 6 hours of run time and lots of additional functionality and it's a great option to keep in mind.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Many have found that purchasing a 3G/4G tablet can not only be more expensive up front but normally requires a contact so that you pay for it ongoing.

A better solution would be to tether it to a phone or get a portable WiFi to Ethernet router, or something like a MiFi hotspot, (my personal favorite).

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi Beverly, welcome to the forum, based on your requirements, i's suggest you to take a look at the PiPo Max M1 9.7 inch dual-core tablet with Android 4.1 jelly bean. And the Cube U30GT will also be a good choice! :)

leo2575

Sep 3, 2012
My sincere advice is : If you are tech savy , know how to root a android tablet or DIY with hardware problems then go for Chinese tablets as they are cheap and loaded with features. Else simply buy a branded one as suggested by Leeshor or Ivanz.