Looking to buy 1st tablet. Need some help.

Subhalen

Nov 15, 2010
Hello everyone,
I have asked my wife for a tablet for Christmas and my primary uses would be to read ebooks, surf web/facebook and maybe a couple of other uses that I can't think of right now (maybe some video).

I would like to buy one that is under $200 initially and would like to get some recommendations from you on brands that are ok versus ones to stay away from. I realize that "you get what you pay for" however, I don't want to go overboard moneywise since there are others in the family that need Christmas presents too.

Thanks,

Mark

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I would honestly look to go about $50 to $100 more, for the additional cheddar you can get a really well equipped device like the Huawei or the Archos. For $199, you might want to look at the Cruz Reader, but to be honest I was pretty disappointed in that device.

I will tell you that for the $300 price point your selection range more than triples in the number of devices that are available. As far as for what ones are good and what ones aren't, the best possible thing to do is keep looking at this site and others like it to get reviews. The new devices are hitting the market fast and furious, so reviews and unboxing reports are still coming in. It is simply too soon to say this is the one to buy, unless that is the one that you are going to go get today.

Hope this helps.

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
Hello everyone,
I have asked my wife for a tablet for Christmas and my primary uses would be to read ebooks, surf web/facebook and maybe a couple of other uses that I can't think of right now (maybe some video).

I would like to buy one that is under $200 initially and would like to get some recommendations from you on brands that are ok versus ones to stay away from. I realize that "you get what you pay for" however, I don't want to go overboard moneywise since there are others in the family that need Christmas presents too.

Thanks,

Mark

if you are willing to go the ebay route you can get a 10" epad zenithink zt-180 for around that price there is also a dealer in the usa you can buy from zenithink usa.
it will do everything you want, but be prepared you may have to flash the rom if its missing some features.

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Subhalen,
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/members/subhalen.html
As you mentioned in your message, you can check this one: 8'' Android 2.2 tablet

This tablet run Android 2.2, besides surf on any web such as facebook, twitter, you also can watch video on Youtube because Flash is already on Android 2.2 OS.
Furthermore, the price definitely meets your budget and it's really favorable.

Subhalen

Nov 15, 2010
I would honestly look to go about $50 to $100 more, for the additional cheddar you can get a really well equipped device like the Huawei or the Archos. For $199, you might want to look at the Cruz Reader, but to be honest I was pretty disappointed in that device.

I will tell you that for the $300 price point your selection range more than triples in the number of devices that are available. As far as for what ones are good and what ones aren't, the best possible thing to do is keep looking at this site and others like it to get reviews. The new devices are hitting the market fast and furious, so reviews and unboxing reports are still coming in. It is simply too soon to say this is the one to buy, unless that is the one that you are going to go get today.

Hope this helps.

That helps a lot. Thank you very much.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
There are a few tablets that are under 200$ and are rather good, but if you want a device with Android 2.2 than you will need about 250$. You can see a comparison between different android tablets at the link in my signature. Hope it helps.

ovenwu

Nov 8, 2010
Hi Mark,
I recommend you can buy a Gpad from China,especially the Gpad G11.Be honest say it's really good tablet pc $CIMG1396.jpg
Hope this helps
the details you can browse this website just reference
http://www.****************/gpad-g11-android-21-mid-7-inch-2gb-1080p-3d-games-black_p819.html
Thanks