Looking to buy a new tablet

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
Hello All,

I'm looking to buy a new android tablet
for app development and gaming/entertainment.

Can you guys please recommend me one ? I'm looking into some of these chinese made tablets and they look very impressive although I've heard you can't install android market or netflix on them.

The ones I was looking specifically were Ainol 7 Elf2, Ramos W17 pro, Zenithink C71 etc.

Basically a good 7" tablet with 512-1G RAM, HDMI out, wifi, 3G and USB or some other data input. Dual core processor and a GPU would be nice. Android market/Google Play should be available or atleast easy to add. My budget is 250$ at the most.

Thanks

Last edited:

Tronmech

Apr 2, 2011
I think you also need to consider the possibility of getting a bad unit and the logistics of returning it to the seller. If you're in the US, an international return is very expensive because the US Postal Service won't accept them for shipment and everyone else charges >$100 to ship from the US to China.

So, if you're in the US, try to find a domestic seller. I wish I had.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't ainol , ramos etc have US based sellers, I thought they could handle returns and stuff.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Hello All,

Can you guys please recommend me one ? I'm looking into some of these chinese made tablets and they look very impressive although I've heard you can't install android market or netflix on them.

The ones I was looking specifically were Ainol 7 Elf2, Ramos W17 pro, Zenithink C71 etc.

Basically a good 7" tablet with 512-1G RAM, HDMI out, wifi, 3G and USB or some other data input. Dual core processor and a GPU would be nice. Android market/Google Play should be available or atleast easy to add. My budget is 250$ at the most.

Thanks

Look at the ICOO tablets on Amazon, they are inexpensive, run ICS out of box and come with the Google Play Store. We have prchased 3 in the last month and everyone of them works like a champ.
The 7 inch models are less than 90.00 from the vendor we purchased them from through Amazon, and the 9.7 inch models are about 250.00. If you want I can PM you links to them.
These are great tablets for the price.

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
Look at the ICOO tablets on Amazon, they are inexpensive, run ICS out of box and come with the Google Play Store. We have prchased 3 in the last month and everyone of them works like a champ.
The 7 inch models are less than 90.00 from the vendor we purchased them from through Amazon, and the 9.7 inch models are about 250.00. If you want I can PM you links to them.
These are great tablets for the price.

Sure, I will be interested.

Are you using these tablets for app development/programming ?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hello All,

Thanks

hi, as far as i am aware google play is already on this tablet. as for netflix, i see no reason why it cant be loaded either. here's a link to a trusted supporting vendor on this site offering a very good price with the peace of mind that this company do not sell oem tablets, offer shipping choices to suit your requirements, give good support & above all are honest about stock availibility, which many sellers sadly lack. i have had several tabs from them with no problems whatsoever & recommend them highly, if this tab isnt what you're looking for browse their site & i'm sure you will find something you like. good luck.

Ramos W17 Pro Tablet PC 7 inch Capacitive Android 4.0 Cortex A9 Dual Core Ramos W17 Pro Tablet PC 7 inch Capacitive Android 4.0 Cortex A9 Dual Core [W17PRO] - $159.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
asingh786 said:
Sure, I will be interested.

Are you using these tablets for app development/programming ?
htc-tablet-2010.jpg

Next time I'm at the laptop I'll send you a pm.

Sent from my A1_07 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hello All,

Thanks

Hi asingh786, The Ainol novo 7 Elf II can perfectly meet all your demands, and it's on a special sale in our site for only $123.99. Welcome to order! :)

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hello All,

Thanks

With 7 inch screen/Dual Core/1G RAM/HDMI out/Official Google Play, Ainol Novo 7 Elf II is $123.99 only with free shipping.

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
Ok guys, I think I need to finalize between ELF 2 and Aurora 2.

With ELF2 I really want to go with the upgrade and get a 16G version.

Would it be worth paying a little more for the IPS screen and get Aurora 2 ? TBH, I don't even know if I actually care for the IPS screen.

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
$250 budget gets you a Nexus 7 which is a brand name (ASUS OEM) with a quad core and a killer screen. Battery life is insane too, over 9 hours. You'd be a fool to pick ANY Chinese tablet over the Nexus 7.