Looking to join the droid world!

cmccarthy

Jul 31, 2012
hi all my name is connor, im switching over from the apple world to the driod world. Apple products has left a bad taste in my mouth. I am a dj and i need a tablet that i can use to store music and will be able to steal some of my friends music! Im looking at the vizio tablets. can anyone shed some light on the vizio tabs i need some help buying one!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Conner, welcome to the forum. It's nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Vizio Tablets forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you find a Visio tablet that meets your needs. Good luck!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately Vizio only makes one tablet for now and it is a little old at this point. The VTab1008 does offer some interesting features but it would be a stretch to call it competitive just on 3 speakers, a remote and an 8" screen. Because it is locked down (not rootable) and features Vizio modifications to the OS I can't recommend it as a DJ tablet.

Check out this thread for more pros and cons measured against the new Nexus 7, http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/vizio-tablets/43184-vizio-1008-vs-nexus-7-a.html. You can see that it is not very favorable to the VTab and that is pretty much the case if you measure it against any of the current tablets.

JP