Loose Screen?

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
Just got an S7 today. The screen feels "loose" in the middle. Taps on the edges feel. Solid and taps in the middle feel like the buttons on the sides.

Any one else's feel like that or should I trade it in?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
You mean that the screen is kind of "squishy"? That's how resistive touch works, there are two layers that touch each other when pressed, so it has to flex a little bit. I suppose that it flexes more in the center than the edges.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
You mean that the screen is kind of "squishy"? That's how resistive touch works, there are two layers that touch each other when pressed, so it has to flex a little bit. I suppose that it flexes more in the center than the edges.

Now I got it...

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
yes i guess you could say squishy. My N900 doesn' have that flex, although it's a much smaller screen.

The ends have no give. In the middle, you can hear a distinct click if it's quiet (keyboard clicks are turned off). I wasn't sure if that much give was normal. I know there are two layers. I was just surprised.

thanks for the answers.

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
Guess I am just use to Resistive screens lol. Honestly I do like them just pisses me off when you keep hitting the wrong letters on the keyboard.

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
I'm a fan of resistive as well. Just used to smaller screens I guess. Obviously, I can't measure it, but it seems like about 1/32" deflection in the middle of the screen. I didn't notice that with the display model I was playing with. May have to go back in the next day or two to check the store model.

Unless you guys here think that's about normal.

Thanks

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I think the center will always have a little more give because of the long span. The edges are secured and the center floats. I don't have any sound other than my nail hitting the hard screen cover.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Depending on how you tap it, if you give it a pretty good tap it is a little louder tapping it in the center than the edges, probably because the layers are farther apart or something. Tapping the screen anywhere is louder than say tapping on the case. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
I went back to BB today. The display has the same thing going on. Maybe a little less than mine, may vary from one to another.

Oh well. Back to enjoying my new toy.