Lost Root, Galaxy Tab Pro

Bluestraveler

Oct 23, 2011
I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, SM-320, 4.4.2 KitKat. I rooted it 3 yrs ago using PC, USB, and Odin. All went well, it was verified but I really didn't utilize the root much. Recently when I attempted to open Titanium backup, it failed to recognize root. I attempted to open SuperSU and got the same message. I have lost root. I'm not a real techy so I'm afraid to attempt to do anything to get root back I can't open SuperSU to remove root, and don't know what to do. Any suggestions are welcomed but please provide specific instructions as Im not sure what I'm doing. Thanks in advance.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I assume you have a custom recovery installed? If you do, download to your tablet a fresh copy of SuperSU from xda-developers.com, and download a copy of unsu.zip by user Osmosis, on the same site. Run unsu.zip in recovery, followed by SuperSU.

Bluestraveler

Oct 23, 2011
I assume you have a custom recovery installed? If you do, download to your tablet a fresh copy of SuperSU from xda-developers.com, and download a copy of unsu.zip by user Osmosis, on the same site. Run unsu.zip in recovery, followed by SuperSU.
*** I never installed TWRP prior but I just DID now. I haven't opened the app as of yet because I don't know how to use it. Is it too late to do what you suggested in your earlier response? If not, how do I go about doing it. If it is too late, what other options do I have. Thanks SOOO much for your first reply. Hoping for a second!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
TWRP itself isn't an app, though Dees Troy does have an app on the Play Store for downloading the recovery image. TWRP is a custom recovery and needs to be installed into the device's recovery partition so it can replace the stock recovery. For that you need additional software, specifically, the device drivers for the PC as well as either Odin (Windows) or Heimdall (Mac). Complete directions should be here. While the directions assume a Galaxy Tab A, the information on installing a custom recovery is virtually identical, regardless of model, and thus should be applicable to you.