Lost Sound

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
Yes I do.. I did! You need to wipe out the partition though a couple of factory resets wipe the cache prior to wipe the partition though. Just don't change anything in the OEM ROM just upgrade as is. If you do that you'll kill off ClockWork Mod. Trade off. I've made so many backups. But I doing and experiment. Frankly everything works no FC. I trying to see if I can just build ROM clean free for FC, glitches and stuff. I would like to get my HoneyComb at 100%. We have ammo just have to implement it. My task bar looks so great but like I had wanted just to make a quick patch so everyone can use HoneyComb on any ROM build. OEM, Rooted or Non-Rooted.

Too much left over code from everything on the tablet poor wipe method. NAND doesn't get 100% removed of the junk. Mirror images are left behind. The only to do it go under SDK and remove the junk. This junk get's all twisted with all these ROMs Then those errors on the screen. Funny how Gallery should work but never did. Under OEM you don't have these issues. Though 200 LCD is too big I can set it back 240. Trade off is the screen isn't as sharp.

Anyway I can still drop GE on it without using an update.zip, but you know that GE slows the tablet down uses a lot of RAM. The new Coby the 7024 has enough RAM to run everything. I might look at that until the price comes down some more. 1GHz I bet that runs at 800MHz to cut down on the battery.

lol, you have some of the thoughts i had when i tried your honeycomb.
i ended up blowing it all away, did the root, recovery & market. i grabbed the honeycomb wallpapers from market. i added ad block list(mvp) to the /etc/hosts file, then i backed it all up right there. haven't decided what else i'll add yet, but i'm sticking with only free stuff.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
HoneyCombV9 B6 is fine don't get me wrong prior to this I was just using the stock ROm , Z4root and GE patch, then added HoneyComb segments and I was fine and dandy! I have that ROM backup but once you try something that doesn't work then you run into problems. I don't see how that member has blown speakers when they're not as loud as the MID7005 was those speakers would crackle at max volume level. MID7015 doesn't do that. I say the Craig CMP738A has the loudness sound though and musical notes are better on that when you play the piano. But anyway you can use whatever you want to which makes you happy. I just share the HoneyCombV9 ROM that's all. Just the way the Coby tablets manage memory it starts out with 256MB then you loose 102Mb and the 154Mb trickle down to less than 82MB. That host file is good in your main systems too to keep the pest out. I does work good on these tablet there is a way to make that file leaner but it takes time. I wish the author who puts that file out would stream line and take out all those message you don't need that. Like the old system.ini was to make that OS go faster. But anyway free stuff is always good :)

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
hmm, i didn' t think about stream lining the file. i think i'll send a copy back to my ubuntu box & do that.
i just rushed, did:
cat hosts.txt >> hosts

easy enough to do anyway, i got sharing on my ubuntu box so i can send anything back & fourth, never have to plug the usb, so less hassle.

i'm eventually going to go back to your version, but not right now, i'm gonna wait till you get better, then i bet you'll do some serious tweaking on it.

any other ideas that i could do, without having to build things from scratch?

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
all right tipstir, i grant your wish. a mvp hosts file with all comments stripped out, the size difference is huge. took me forever, my legs fell asleep. lol

i had to zip it to attach, cause it was to big for the forum as just txt. just something for your collection.

Attachments

• $hosts.txt.zip
    92 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
lol, i'll chat with on your thread, we're going way off topic here.

on the other hand i do think his speakers broke, cause he says external works just fine. i use mine mostly with earbuds anyways, the speaker being on the back sucks, it would have been better next to the back button, at least it would face the user.

Beeeeeeeeer

Jan 21, 2011
Mine is doing this now too. Works fine with external speakers, no sound on the internal. I think the internal speaker blew when the externals were plugged in. I wiped and reinstall my ROM and nothing changed.