Lost Volume on uSD

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Hey team,

I know this has been covered elsewhere but for the life of me I can't find it so advance apologies for asking...

In the process of setting up a uSD to run CM7 from the uSD it has been formatted to 117MB (it's a 16GB card). I was half expecting this and I know there is a process to get it back to 16GB but I can't find it.

Cheers
Paul

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Are you trying to restore the card back to a completely clean card or just make sure you have the "extra" space available under CM7?

If the first, you can boot into stock and then go into the Nook's Settings>Device Info>Storage and unmount and format the card to get it back to a fresh clean card.

If you are concerned about the memory being usable in CM7, as long as you used the size agnostic .img to burn the card then all of the extra memory will be visible when you boot into CM7. It will be split between "internal" memory and "SD card" memory even though it is all really on the SD card.

The 117MB you are seeing is the boot partition which is all that you can see if you looking at the card from a device not booted into the CM7 that is on the card. This is the way it is supposed to be.

JP

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Hey JP,

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested and I now have the full volume back again.
Looonnnggg story short, I have restored the NC back to stock (V1.3) with the idea of installing CM7. I thought I'd try CM7 on a bootable to start with to see what it's like but after going back to stock I thought I'd just go for it and install CM7 to internal memory and came a little unstuck. Not a biggy as the NC still worked without the uSD (of course).
My main problem is that I think I'm suffering from information overload. There are so many threads on the subject and I've read sooooo many pages that the brain hurts :) and I've confused myself a little. So I'll take a break for a day or so and start from scratch again.
And, I know that the excellent people here will help if I need it, just as you did ;)
Thanks again,
Paul

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Paul, good idea to take a break and digest what you have read. Asking questions before starting is also a good idea. The basic steps are these (links can be found around the various threads):

1. Download the latest ClockWorkMod Recovery bootable image (3.0.2.8 or higher) and burn the image to the SD card to make a bootable CWR disk.
2. Download CM7 7.1.0 Encore stable and the latest Google Apps and copy the zip files on to the SD card.
3. Insert your bootable CWR card and make a backup of your stock Nook (or download a stock image for recovery purposes).
4. Wipe /sytem and /data in CWR.
5. Clear the cache partition and the dalvik cache.
6. Flash the CM7 zip then flash the Gapps zip.
7. Power down or unmount and remove the card.
8. Reboot into CM7.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Thanks JP, that's exactly the "short and sweet" version I needed. From here I can, as you suggest, find the info needed.

Thanks again
Paul

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
I might add a couple additional thoughts to the mix....

Use version 3.2.0.1 or higher to avoid any problems in wiping.

Don't reformat the card when you finish to use it for storage. Save it in case you need a rescue. Also, you can reclaim the rest of the card using a tool like EaseUs Partition Manager to stretch out the partition to reclaim the rest of the card. Cards are cheap but I would keep the 16GB for storage and get a 4 or 8 GB for your bootable card.

You can find the stock ROM here. Put it on the card as well so if you ever need to restore you can just wipe all and install it instead of the CM7 and gaaps .zips.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Ok, so I took the leap last night and upgraded to CM7 internal. A couple of small hiccups were easily overcome (sort of expected after re-reading a few posts) so all good. Thanks for everyone's help.
Can't get market going but I know there are posts about this issue so will do a bit of research :)

Thanks again
Paul