Love my s7 but.......

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Ok, I love my S7 again after the froyo update but..... Hate the battery life. Can someone out there with an s7 slim tell me how the battery holds up? I intend to keep the s7 as I use the 3G phone service but really want a device that can get more than 2 hours away from a charger. Thanks in advance....

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

aksoutherland

Sep 22, 2010
I am using an S7-slim and consistently get 6+ hours of usage. The only real draw back is that you can't run any other launchers. Initially they will work fine, but when you reboot they cause the digitizer to become unresponsive making the tablet completely useless. Each time it happens I have had to use adb to manually remove the new launcher and reboot. After that process, the tablet will go back to working normally.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

Apr 18, 2011
Ok, I love my S7 again after the froyo update but..... Hate the battery life. Can someone out there with an s7 slim tell me how the battery holds up? I intend to keep the s7 as I use the 3G phone service but really want a device that can get more than 2 hours away from a charger. Thanks in advance....

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

You should have around a 4-6 hour battery life even with constant use. I'd reset your battery (there are a few apps for it). Basically you'll drain it down completely and charge it to 100% (full cycle charge) and the app will reset the battery profile. I had the same problem after upgrading to 2.2 (subsequently I've downgraded due to network data issues).