Low latency video streaming to Android

kimono

Jul 31, 2011
i am trying to stream video from a windows pc, running vlc to android 3.1 asus tf101 tablet via wifi. it is critical that the latency for the video capture and display will be lower than 500mS. video is 720p h.264 at 1Mbps rate. surprisingly, the streamers that i tried: act 1, stream media and daroon gave few sec latency.
i run the same setup on samsung galaxy s2 phone with ver 2.3 and the daroon player performance was much better, both quality and latency wise.
since the underlying hardware of both products is similar, it looks to me that 2.3 has much better video streaming performance than 3.1.
is there a tablet app out there that can capture video stream with low latency?

kimono

Jul 31, 2011
thanks, tried it now. splashtop hd has issue with PC's nvidia gpu and require to change registry on the pc which right now i am reluctant to do since i am not sure how will it affect other apps. isn't splashtop using Remote Desktop Protocol, and not RTSP for streaming?

Jun 29, 2011
I don't know the ins and outs of that stuff, just that I can stream video from my desktop just by installing the desktop streamer on my xp machine and the app on my Tab, phone and ipad. I didn't have to change anything.
To port forward I'd have to make changes but I don't need that on my phone or Tab so I didn't . I don't need it to log on for me remotely.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone