Low on space

yolatengo

Mar 1, 2011
Message low on space
How can i fix it?
Where is the low on space?
I have free memory internal and external.
I read that its about the installed apps
Can I move them to the sd cards? because all apps i found are for android 2.2
If there is no solution then you only can run a determinated number of apps till the memory is full?

Thanks

RevKev

Mar 3, 2011
I have the same problem. As I understand it, all apps are put on the internal memory and there's not a whole lot of room. I am constantly putting on and off apps based on how much I used them and if another one is better - kinda like a "Top 10" or American Idol. If there is anyway of installing apps on the SD card, I'd really like to know, but from all that I've read...it just isn't going to happen.

yolatengo

Mar 1, 2011
This app > Link2SD
Aparentely is the solution to the LOW SPACE problem and stop deleting apps.
Im going to try it.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
RootExplorer if you my B7 from me, but you get that off Market. Best way to go into the NAND and remove old files. You can copy and past the files you want to your microSDcard too. You would be surprise how much junk files, left over apps, caches an etc is on the NAND. Also check the download folder for apk files that didn't download or did too. That piles up. 4G NAND (IS) internal storage needs to be 8GB, 16GB, 32GB but 8GB would be more ideal. When I the Archos 8GB I had 6GB free. So when you buy a tablet consider 2GB for OS/ROM. Then your apps. You can use DropBox 2GB service to give you a Virtual increase so it feels like you have 6GB for IS. The APK from ROM packages get stored on your NAND in systems\app you can remove them this way. To that I would use Droid Explorer connecting the tablet to PC using ADB 32/64-bit drivers, Android OS 2.1 SDK Tools, should install automatic when you install the Droid. Once this is done you then open the folder and uninstall the apk. You won't be able to delete the apk then you go back on the tablet remove the USB cord then you can delete the apk you don't want to keep on your NAND under app folder. Once you install ROM installs the apks they're still on the NAND. Games, apps you don't use. Just be careful not to remove any GE or system apk. If you need to do a factory reset these apks would be re-install if they're not their they won't be installed.

RevKev

Mar 3, 2011
I just installed the Link2SD and it says "Second partition not found...make sure you have two partitions on your SD card and both are primary" Excuse my ignorance but...What? Have I missed something in a previous thread or can someone help me make sense of this? Thanks!