M006 will not power on!

Discussion in 'WonderMedia WM8505 Tablets' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2011.

1. dmc

dmc Member

Tablet / Device:
    M-006
    Hello all,

I am new to this site, but I have read through alot of threads and have not found any info to possibly help my situation. My M006 will not power on. I was going to flash the device with a ROM from RomanticEvil. I powered on the device and began to flash the device when the screen warned to make sure the power adapter was plugged in in-case the battery runs out in the middle of flashing the device. So I quickly plugged in the power cord before the counter ended and the flashing began. Unfortunately the device instantly powered off when I attached the power cable (which has happened before, which I forgot about in the rush). So now my device will not power on at all, with or without the SD card inserted with the ROM and I tried to reset the device with the reset button on back to no avail. Is my tablet a true worthless brick now or can I try flashing original firmware to awaken it, or try some other means of hardware reset?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. RomanticEvil

RomanticEvil Member

Tablet / Device:
    Gome FlyTouch / SmartQ7 / HTC X7500 / M006 / CVUK-PC06-2GEN / WMT2.1
    Hi dmc, that's unlucky! You might have corrupted the kernel with the shutdown. Maybe this very interesting article can help you: Project Gus» Blog Archive » Unbricking WM8505-based tablets
    I see you live far away from me (NL) else I would've bought your brick and try to fix it, I never had any experience with a bricked tablet before so it would be a very educational thing to repair or at least try to repair.

Good luck with your tablet!