M701-R Haipad- Lag/freeze on Android Market search

S87

Oct 10, 2010
The other issue I've noticed is the device's tendency to freeze momentarily or crash when using the Android Market search function.

The market is usually slow, but lately the search box opens, the keyboard pops up, and then the device freezes. Clicking the keys gets no response or a delayed response.

Sometimes it causes the "Android Screen Only" reboot.

Is this a local problem or caused by the Market itself?

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
Had 2MB of cache that I cleared. Hope that was the problem.

Have you rooted your tablet yet? If not, do it...SUPER easy compared to rooting other Android devices (namely cell phones)...basically it already "has" root, you just have to push su into the system folder...after you root, go get "Cache Cleaner" from the market...the icon for it is a black and white recycle bin logo. With Cache Cleaner you can pull up your app drawer and just click it and it automatically clears all of your cache

S87

Oct 10, 2010
Have you rooted your tablet yet? If not, do it...SUPER easy compared to rooting other Android devices (namely cell phones)...basically it already "has" root, you just have to push su into the system folder...after you root, go get "Cache Cleaner" from the market...the icon for it is a black and white recycle bin logo. With Cache Cleaner you can pull up your app drawer and just click it and it automatically clears all of your cache

Not rooted yet. Is there a step-by-step guide so I don't mess anything up?