M701 Touchscreeen and Market Problems

Discussion in 'Telechips TCC8902 Tablets' started by Sumerian81, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Sumerian81

Sumerian81 Member

Tablet / Device:
    HaiPad M701
    Hello all, I just got my girl a M701 for x-mas and I am having some troubles with it. The biggest issue is the touchscreen....it will work fine for a little while then it seems to uncallibrate itself. I will have to touch above and to the side of what ever icon I want to select, and the only way to make it work again is to reset the device. The other issue is with the marketplace, I can view it just fine but when I choose to download something it will give me an error and say the download failed. I know it is not failing due to lack of storage, and I have been all over the settings to figure it out but no luck. I have seen some post about updating the firmware on it, but all of the links to the firmware(s) lead to a u.115.com site and it always says that the file does not exist. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix these issues or know where I can get proper firmware please let me know. Thanks for the help!

2. Carbira1

Carbira1 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Waiting for a good iPod Touch Android Device
    Have you tried to calibrate the screen in the settings? Is there a gap between the screen and the casing? If so take a junk toothbrush and brush in the gap. There may be something stuck in there.

As for apps, most of the time the official app store will not work without a hack. If you want a third party app store check out SAM SAM | SlideME

Don't know about the firmware. Sorry!

3. Sumerian81

Sumerian81 Member

Tablet / Device:
    HaiPad M701
    There is no callibrate screen in the settings, wish there was though. I'll check out the SAM thing tho thanks.

4. Carbira1

Carbira1 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Waiting for a good iPod Touch Android Device
    Ok then. How does the strength/flexibility of the case feel? maybe you are twisting the case and pressing the screen? I am out of ideas.